Meeting(Chapter 1)

It was raining, that first night i saw him. I was making my nightly rounds, patrolling the town for any signs of the Souls. It was a cold night,but a nice breeze lifted my hair and ruffled my feathers.My hawk vision picked up a shadowy form rushing through the woods.I nearly fell out of the sky in shock. A Soul?!?A Soul has escaped the Shadowgate?! I was torn between shivering in fear or shouting with joy. A Soul! Finally, some action, exactly what ive been waiting for. I grinned and angled my wings lower, dipping towards the ground. I had no idea how a Soul had escaped the fearsome Shadowgate guard, but i didnt really care. I rested my hand on the dark jeweled hilt of the sword in my belt, ready to strike quickly if the creature was foolish enough to attack. I folded my wings and dropped through the trees onto the path , stopping the Soul in it's tracks. I extended my large, midnight wings to their full span and leaped forward."How did you escape?"I growled."What?"A slightly deep voice reached her ears, much unlike the scratchy whisper of a Soul. The shadow stepped forward, into a patch of shining moonlight. I couldnt help it, I gasped. This was no Soul. I had revealed myself to a human! 

____________ 

Jaydens POV 

I ran through the forest, the branches scratching my face as the rain soaked me. I ran to flee the past. It was nice to take a break from all of life's drama. Life is already complicated enough without the extra baggage, something his mother had always said. That is before she died and left him. She had left him to live with his crazy and secretive grandfather.She had left him in that huge, eerie mansion.She had left him, surrounded by shadows of the past. I tore through the trees, I didnt really know where i was going. Anywhere but there. The rain continued to pore from the nightsky, and I saw a flash of lightning rip through the sky. The thunder rolled and the trees swayed, a dark shadow dropped in front of me and I stopped to avoid hitting it. I stumbled forward but regained my balance, just in time to see the slender figure of a girl standing before me. She had long , dark brown waves of hair cascading off her shoulders, and down her back. The girl had large, deep blue eyes, that focused on me in shock. She had creamy, white skin and pale, full lips. Her appearance was shocking, she was beautiful. But most shocking, where the large, jet black raven wings that extended from her back.