As The Rules Go(Chapter 6)

____Enda POV_______

 I sat on the couch in my apartment, staring at the wall. I felt as if I could never get up. I could die. Right here. It would probably be a better fate than if they happened to find out about Jayden.He had listened to my sorrows. I had listened to his. I felt close to this fragile human.I felt torn, memories of being scolded for being soft as a child flashed through my mind.My father laughing as I asked why humans died, his eyes smiling. His disappointed face as he found what I had done. How upset would he be now? And then there was Stark's face, haunting me in the back of my mind. Lurking there....reminding me of his commitment. Jayden shouldn't have kissed me.

 I shouldn't have kissed him.

Stupid, Stupid....Stupid!

   But still..... those idiotic humans. I'm above human feelings. Their silly love is ridiculous.

Isn't it?

We barely knew each other....I couldn't be in love, especially a human!

Could I?

  I decided that the only thing that could fix this was a nice, long fly. Or, at least I hoped it would.

_____Jayden POV____

   I left the manor, giving Dr Ven some lame excuse. I was to distraught worrying about Enda to deal with him right now. A few days had passed since I had kissed her in the woods. And I hadnt seen her since. She wasn't at school. No one knew her number or where she lived. Maybe she's sick...I kept telling myself, but I knew it wasn't true.

 I had upset her. The caw of a raven startled me, and I looked up to see it sitting on a tree branch, preening it's feathers. It stopped to glance at me with an almost human look of mischief. Then it took off into the sky, leaving a single dark feather to flutter to the ground, landing to rest at my feet. I bent down to pick it up, only to discover it to be soaked in a thick, dark liquid.

   Blood...

   I dropped it and looked around for some unseen prankster and saw something racing through the sky. Terrified shrieks filled my ears as I took off running, following the object that was now descending towards the ground.

  I hid behind a tree on the edge of a large clearing, watching the thing writhe in pain on the ground. It wasnt human. It  looked like a man, but I saw pointed, jagged teeth in its mouth and claws where it's fingers should be. It stood, hunched over, and turned to see me just as a dark shape dove from the sky, landing on it. I recognized the dark hair and wings instantly. It was Enda.

    She drew what looked like a sword  from thin air and stuck it into the creature's stomach. It gurgled and sputtered, writhing in pain as the sword drove into it.I almost felt sorry for the thing. The creature weakly tried to slash at Enda with its claws, but they fell to the ground

 "My master will kill you, bird witch." It hissed in a horrible voice, like nails scraping glass.

  "I'm sure he will." Enda stated coldly before yanking the sword out of the struggling creature. It slumped to the ground, blood running from the open gash in its wound. 

She had killed it.

  "Enda!" I yelled, breaking my cover and running towards her.

 What was I doing?

 The sword dissolved in her hands, and she looked at me steadily.

 "You see all that?" She asked calmly.

_____Enda Pov_____

   Oh crap. Had he seen me kill the soul? I asked him, waiting for him to run screaming, but he just nodded.