I leaned towards him, but he kept still. I took this as an opportunity to think that he wasn't rejecting me.

We were so close and that our breaths mingled. Our lips were about to touch when a loud noise erupted.

It was Alan's spoon that fell on the plate. Our reverie broke and I realized what I was about to do.

I stepped back and retracted my hand immediately. I took the plate a d put it in the sink and turned to Alan.

"I think...we...better sleep...I mean...in our rooms. I think I should go." I mentally face palmed myself for saying out such things.

I dashed out the next second and ran to find my room and locked myself in.

-----

ALAN'S POV

I couldn't fathom what would've happened if not for my hand giving away the strength and the spoon falling off.

I felt like I was locked in her gaze. Kiera was so open about her advances but also shy at the same time.

Neither I nor my body knew how to react in such situations. My hand touched that part of the lip where Kiera's hand was, just a few moments ago.

My mind completely went back to the time she kissed me on the New Year's party. At that time, she was drunk but now, she was sober.

What could be the possible explanation for her this move? I put my head in my hands and bugged my mind to give me possible reasons.

Kiera was a person who did what she wanted. She didn't give many thoughts. She did and said whatever she had on mind.

I walked back to my room and laid down on the bed. I closed my eyes but the earlier images wouldn't leave my mind.

"Ah!" I woke up annoyed. I needed counselling. I felt like I was taking too much counselling these days. I picked up my phone and dialled a number. I knew I was going to face the wrath of yells, but I couldn't stop myself.

"Can you ever...even for once consider that I might be sleeping?!" I heard the very obvious and known yell. I just waited for her to finish. When she sounded calm, I decided to open my mouth.

"Kiera was about to kiss me," I said and heard a loud visible gasp from the other side. It was inevitable since Billy was a queen of reactions.

"What did you do? Did you push her away insensitively?! Or did you kiss her voluntarily??" She excited changing her tone from questioning to harsh to excited. I could only try to keep up with her tone changes.

"None," I answered as it was true.

"Why do you always do something else then what I think you must've done?!" I didn't respond to her question.

"Spoon fell from my hand. She ran away." I answered and she hummed. 

"Alan, it seems like you are willing to accept but your body isn't capable enough to these changes. On one hand, where I'm glad for the progress you've made, but as a doctor, I'd like to ask you to slow down. Rapid changes may damage your mental built health." She suggested and I couldn't do anything but accept it.

"But what if I'm willing?" I questioned. I was curious to know. If my mind caused all my problems, and if my mind was ready, will my body still reject it?