just last the year

he knows they wont make it last any longer; the thought has been lingering in his mind for ages. Hinata gets up from bed, the dark room making it hard for him to focus. Without tripping, he safely makes it to the bathroom, turning on the lights and quickly going in as to not wake up his boyfriend of three years. 

It's 5 am, Hinata woke up for his morning jog before classes began. He does his regular, brushing his teeth and waking himself up from his deep slumber. The slight light of dusk has started showing up, the morning feeling bittersweet from the cold sunrise. The boy never did like the cold.

Just before leaving his cozy and comfortable bedroom, he crawled back into bed quickly, to hug the sleeping Tobio and kiss him. Tobio used to go with him but stopped at one point to take a break and never really continuing. Hinata loved that boy to death.  Despite what they both know is going to happen, he's never going to stop loving him.

It's now 6:30 and the sun is almost fully up, making the snow and puddles glisten in the sunlight.  Hinata's slowly yet steadily making his way back home, the cold almost freezing his fingertips and nose off but makes a stop by the local cafe to get some java. "good morning!" his cheery smile brightening every waiters day. "good morning, what can I get for you today?" the tall, black haired waitress standing behind the counter asks. "can I get two tall black americanos and two blueberry muffins?"

-

Turning the keys and walking in, Hinata is not surprised to see that the apartment is dead silent. Kageyama never really liked loudness, especially on mornings like these, where even though it was day, the coldness and snow suppressed all noise and made it feel almost like the world was wrapped in a wool coat, all noise muffled. 

He set the coffee and muffins and his keys on their granite kitchen counter before taking off his shoes in the doorway and walking to the bedroom and opening the door slowly, incase Kageyama was still sleeping. "whew, he's still asleep" Hinata whispered to himself.

Kageyama was wrapped up in their duvet, the curtains still drawn, absorbing all the sunlight, making it almost completely dark in the room. He loved their bed and he loved sleeping in it, especially with his significant other next to him. It was a whole other type of warm and cozy that no wool insulated winter coat or boots could ever accomplish. 

The carrot top got some clothes and went into the bathroom, turning the shower tap to the hot side, letting the water get hot and stripping before stepping into the shower. 

Only couple minutes go by since the shower started, Kageyama is coming into the bathroom and taking his clothes off. He knocks on the shower door before opening it, startling Hinata a bit. "mind if I join you?" the blueberry head softly smiles at Hinata. 

Grabbing the Tobios hand, Hinata takes him into his arms and connects their lips in an instant. It's a brief yet meaningful kiss. He's been missing his boyfriend a lot lately and it makes his heart ache. "what was that for?" Tobio looks at him in the eyes, practically begging for his relationship to stay alive. Cause he doesn't know what to do without it. He doesn't know who he is outside it. He needs this thing to survive because if it falls apart, he will too. Unaware if he'll be able to pick himself up afterwards. 

"I just miss you, that's all." 
"I miss you too." they both stand in each others arms underneath the warm water, chocking back tears as it poured down their faces. 

----

yo, author here. incase you couldn't tell, this book is inspired by the song Skinny Love by Bon Iver. check it out for the full effect. enjoy reading ig

Skinny Love | Kagehinaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें