Chapter 5: Reoccurring Nightmare

| Sorry for the slow updates! Not dead, just somehow lazy and busy! Wasn't expecting this to get a reach so thank you for reading and voting! |

| Warning: Minor mentions of blood and injury at the end |

   Another day on the job, Sebastian walked around the college campus. His rugged appearance made him a quick and popular security guard. Many students either feared Sebastian's stern side or found a certain attractive trait in him. Either way, Sebastian often found himself hiding out in Joseph's office.

   "Seb. You fought monsters along my side and other dangerous people even before stem," Joseph smirked, "but you're scared of a couple of young adults challenging your authority or flirting with you?"

   "I'm not... scared. It's just not what I was expecting..."

   Joseph chuckled, "Wait let me guess. You also came to see if you can run into them, huh?"

   Sebastian scoffed and played with the Japanese lantern on Joseph's desk.

   "I'm right, aren't I?"

   "I don't..." Sebastian's thoughts drifted as he thought of you. Unsure what to feel or say in response to Joseph.

   Before Joseph could speak up again and tease Sebastian more, their eyes grew wide as a piercing sound rang in their ears. Both Sebastian and Joseph fell to the ground gripping their heads. The screeching pain rang louder and louder.

   "What the fuck is that?!"

   As if on cue, Kidman came running into the classroom, panting and frantically looking around.
"Kidman?!" The two shouted.

   "Joseph! - Sebastian?!" Kidman shrieked back with equal uproar. As swiftly as it came, the unidentifiable noise stopped.

   "What are you doing here, Kid?" Sebastian asked as he and Joseph stood back up again.

   "I could ask you the same..." She responded, unphased. "Well, this makes it easier. I came to see Joseph-"

   "Right... you knew where he's been all this time and you never told me," Sebastian stated sternly whilst crossing his arms.

   Kidman sighed and continued, "Yeah, right. If you could just let me talk. Look- I've been on the run from you know who. But as Joseph might've told you- I have a suspicion Ruvik has been hiding in this town. Despite being done with Mobius, I'm not stopping until I find him."

    Sebastian was in shock. He hadn't heard that name in years. Stumbling back, he grounded himself by grabbing a hold on Joseph's desk. He looked back at Joseph with a confused expression, "You never..."

Joseph sighed as he scratched the back of his neck, "You seemed like you were ready for a new life. With Lily and them. I couldn't bring myself to tell you. I just figured this was an 'I owe you for Kid since she helped me get out." He explained solemnly. Sebastian nodded in response as he thought of you and Lily. He did grow comfortable with the simple life he now lived in, so the idea Ruvik, the man who directly caused his pain and trauma, was living under his nose this whole time made his stomach turn.

   The trio's thoughts were interrupted by students flooding into the classroom. Kidman nodded goodbye to the two men. "We'll talk about this later. Meet me at the front gate." Sebastian and Joseph nodded back. Sebastian was about to follow Kidman out the door before you walked in and caught his eye. You smiled and patted his shoulder, "Hey, Seb! Nice seeing you here!"

   He gave you a warm smile and placed his hand on top of yours, "Hey, there, cariño. I was just about to go."

   You felt the blood rise to your cheeks at the nickname. Ultimately, you brushed it off and tried to hold a conversation without looking too nervous. Ever since you confessed your feelings for Sebastian to your brother you've viewed him differently. Breaking out of your hypnotic state you responded, "Right! Yeah- I'll meet you after class?" You questioned with a hopeful tone.