Chapter 3: Oye Mi Amor

You stumbled to your feet carefully placing Sebastian's hand off your shoulder, "It's not what it looks like!"

Sykes raises his eyebrow, "Really? I can't believe you. The man just lost his wife and you're putting the moves on him?"

"Wait... you're mad at me?" You jumped the gun thinking he was overprotective, but he was just looking out for Sebastian. You shook your head and continued, "Seriously, Seb and I were just dancing and having fun. Nothing like... that happened."

"Like what?" a familiar little girl's voice questioned. You and Julian only smiled and mutually agreed to drop the topic completely.

"It's nothing, hun. Are you hungry? We should head to the kitchen and let your dad sleep." You smile and hold her hand while Julian heads to the kitchen.

"Too late." A deep chuckle was heard from behind you, you turned around and faced Sebastian rubbing his eyes. "I'm awake now." Sebastian sat up and held his arms out as Lily gave him a big hug and mumbled a 'good morning' to each other. It was a small action, but it warmed your heart. Lily then ran to the kitchen to help out Julian.

"Julian is making food, you look like shit so you should shower," You giggle and check the time.

"Ah, thanks for the harsh truth."

"Shit!"

"Yes, you called me that-"

"No, fuck, I'm going to be late for school!" You ran to your room and rushed to get ready all while hearing Sebastian chuckle behind you.

As you brushed your hair you overheard Julian and Sebastian talking.

"Do you even have anywhere specific to go?"

"Well... no, Lily and I just... plan to keep driving as far from Krimson City as possible..."

Julian sighed, "You need to have a plan, Castellanos. Think about Lily. The two of you are mourning, but are too busy to let it sink in. You know my little sibling and I love having you here. I'd be happy to pay my debt with you staying as long as you need."

Sebastian paused for a moment, then continued, "Lily did tell me about how much she enjoyed her time when they babysat for her... Maybe we should settle down here..."

"Exactly! This is such a small and quaint town, Lily can enroll in a school and make friends with the neighborhood kids."

"Yeah... okay, we'll stay." Sebastian smiled warmly than the two of them looked up at you as you walked to the living room.

"I'll be headed to class now. Can you give me a ride Julian?"

Julian began to speak but was interrupted by Sebastian, "I can take you," he stood up, "It's the least I can do for taking care of Lily for me yesterday." You smile and nod, but you noticed Julian giving you a certain look you can't place.

On the way to your school, a familiar song came on. The same one that came on when you and Sebastian danced the night away. You felt your face flush as you looked over at Sebastian. He was lightly rocking his head to the beat. You smiled finding his small actions cute then realized maybe Julian was right. You found him attractive, sure, but this guy is a recent widow. Not by a few years, but by a few days. Julian was only looking out for the both of you if you fell in love with him while he's mourning, who knows what mental tolls would occur. Then you remember, he's staying with the two of you until he finds his own place for him and Lily. This might be harder than you thought.

Picking up your bag you say goodbye to your teacher, Professor Oda. The second you turned around you made eye contact with familiar honey-like eyes. Sebastian was waiting for you, but he had an expression of full shock when he looked over at your teacher. You turned around and Oda had the same expression.