I ran after her, but I lost her when she turned into the girls’ washrooms. I scowled and punched the wall in frustration. Why was I so confused? I just wanted to punch anything I could! I had never actually liked a girl, you know, in a ‘Oh, I want her to be my girlfriend’ kind of way. Sure, I had gone on dates with a lot of girls, and I’d been with many as well, but I never had feelings for any of them.

But Avril was different. Definitely different.

She made my mind race, and my heart pump faster, and when we kissed, it felt so…so right.

I know I sound like a chick right now but that was how I felt about her. All I knew was that I liked Avril, a lot, and I wanted her to be mine.

Dylan’s POV

The paramedics arrived on scene not even two minutes later, and I was beyond relieved. I was hoping that my sister would be okay. She had to be okay. The paramedics picked my sister up gently and placed her on a stretcher while I answered a policeman’s questions. I told him that I had found Jace here in the alley just after she had been beaten, and that I heard about five pairs of footsteps running off down the opposite way in the alley as I approached my beaten sister.

The police officer nodded his head, and told me to get in the back of the ambulance with Jace. I nodded and climbed in, and I held Jace’s hand the entire way to the hospital.

Finally a minute later, we reached the hospital. The paramedics quickly pulled Jace out of the ambulance on her stretched and rolled her quickly into the emergency wing doors. I followed after them, almost jogging as I tried to keep up.

When I tried to follow them and Jace into the hospital room, they told me that they would need some space to clean her up and take some tests. I nodded somberly and sat in the hard plastic chairs opposite the door and pulled out my phone, deciding to call my mom and inform her on what had happened.

When she picked up, I said with a choked voice, “Mom. I’m at the hospital. Jace got hurt.” I choked out, feeling as though I was about to cry.

My mom gasped and I swear I heard her almost drop the phone in shock. “O-okay Dylan, I’ll be there soon. Emergency wing?” She asked with a shaky voice, and I could hear her rushing around in the background, probably trying to find her keys.

“Yeah.” I muttered. We said our quick goodbyes before we hung up. I dropped my head into my hands as I anxiously awaited my mom to arrive and to receive the news on Jace’s condition.

Avril’s POV

I can’t do this anymore, I thought, I can’t keep pretending to be happy when I’m absolutely not. I was tired of lying to everyone’s faces, tired of having a heavy heart, and tired of living in pain.

With that thought, I started crying more tears, but I stood up regardless. My legs were shaky, but I managed to walk out of the stall. I looked at myself in the mirror and sobbed again. I couldn’t help it, the sobs were coming out unintentionally.

I slowly made my way to the door of the bathrooms, when I heard a pound on the wall next to it. I jumped slightly, but I ignored it and opened the door, not expecting to see who was outside.

Standing with his fist against the wall was Blaise. He was breathing heavily and had a hard look on his features, though somehow there was a certain softness to them.

When he heard the door creak open, his head snapped over to look at me. Immediately, seeing his face, more tears sprang to my eyes. He looked at me and without notice, he brushed a strand of my hair out my eyes. I saw his eyes soften a little bit as he did that, and I stared back at him, my mind swimming.

Did Blaise have…feelings for me?

No, he couldn’t. Nobody could like me, nevertheless love me.

“Avril…I’m sorry.” He murmured, taking away his hand from my face where it had rested for longer than usual.

I gulped and felt more tears surface. He couldn’t have feelings for me, I was too sad and depressed. “Blaise, just tell me the truth. Do you…d-do you…like me?” I muttered as a tear broke out and fell down my already wet cheeks.

Blaise visibly stiffened at my question. He took a few moments before he responded with a voice and answer to go along with it that I never would have imagined he would ever say to me. “Yes.” He replied, his tone soft and honestly, it shocked me. I didn’t know he could be this gentle.

I gulped and another tear fell down my cheek. I didn’t know what to feel, I didn’t know how to react. Finally, I whispered with another tear rolling down my cheek, “No one can like a girl as broken as me.”

Blaise looked at me with confusion. “What?” He murmured in the same tone of voice as before.

By now, tears were streaming down my face and I tried to keep them at bay, but I was failing. “I’m broken Blaise. Beyond repair.” I said quietly, looking into his hazel eyes again, the ones I found beautiful, “I’m sorry.” I cried softly before I turned and jogged down the hall, rubbing the tears off my cheeks as they kept falling freely.

As much as it hurt to run away from him after his confession, I couldn’t stay there any longer.

Blaise’s POV

I watched as Avril ran down the hall, leaving me standing there confused as hell. What did she mean? How was she broken beyond repair?

I needed to find out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG GUYS. :O

Okay, I love this chapter <3 How about you guys? :) You loved? Aw psshhhhh it’s no prob ;)

Me: BLAISE YOU IDIOT. RUN AFTER HER YOU FOOL.

Blaise: Wha? WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!

Me: *squeaks* No one!! Carry on! *runs off*

Hahah ;) So tell me what you guys thought in the comments, and vote, and I dunno, maybe you can fan….it’s up to you :3

Now, since the last chapter got more votes and comments than what I asked, let’s try and get 60 votes and 50 comments? :) Thanks you guys <3

I promise to update once more before the end of the year!! :D I love all of you guyssss!! Oh, and check my last biiiiig message on my message board :) it’s about this and what’s to come mwahahahahahah ;)

Love, Jelly Bean Queen <3