Chapter 1

Congratulations! You've found my new story! Give yourselves a pat on the back. Now doesn't that feel good? I bet it does. Now without further ado, here it is. Chapter 1 of CCMRBB :)

P.S: Tell me what you think of the cover, I have two covers :) Made a second in case this one gets boring. :3

P.P.S: Pic of Avril on the side :3

~Hannah

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished applying my cheap drug store mascara and grabbed my purse, which had my phone and my almost dried out wallet in it. I headed to the door and made my way down the creaky old steps of the fire escape. I hopped over the broken step and kept going down until I reached the bottom. I walked down the street to the bus station, passing some shops on the way. There was my friend Nikkia's hairstyling school and hair salon, and then my friend Drake's Hip Hop Shop right across the street. I stood out in the warm May air and sat down on the bench, breathing in. Dusk air in spring always calmed me, and I was especially jittery tonight.

A few minutes later I saw the bright headlights of the bus coming down the street. The bus pulled up beside me and the driver, Lynn, opened the doors. "Football game tonight?" She smiled at me.

"Yup. SCHS please." I smiled. I sat down in the seat right behind Lynn's and started talking with her. There was only one other guy on the bus and he didn't pay any attention to our conversation.

"So sweety, are you excited for your prom next month?" Lynn asked, with her light blue eyes trained on the road ahead of us.

"Oh, yeah definitely! I've gotten tons of offers, bu there's nobody I really want to go with. I might just go with Jace." Jace(short for Jacelyn) was my best friend in the whole world. She was the only one at our school who really understood my predicament. Lynn nodded. She was a really nice lady. With her graying curly hair and slightly wrinkled face, mostly around her eyes, from laughter, she looked just like a nice old lady who bakes cookies and hands out candy apples for Halloween. She was about 65, she hadn't stopped driving the bus for about 20 years.

Eventually, we pulled up about a block away from Santa Cruz High School. I could see the football field's lights' glare all that way away. I climbed off the bus, thanking Lynn quickly, before running down the block to school. I could see some cars parked in the parking lot, specifically, I saw Jace's beautiful blue Lotus parked in the midst of a bunch of other not-as-good crappy cars. Jace was sitting on the hood, a couple football players, such as Blake Dews, the quarterback, and the linebacker, Jason Layn. All the boys surrounding her were categorized as the hotties of SCHS. Jace looked up from laughing with one of the boys, Kyle, I think was his name, and grinned, waving at me to come over. All the boys turned to look at me and I smiled at them. I kept walking towards them and finally I reached them. Jace jumped off the hood of her car and hugged me. "Sorry boys," She pouted flirtily, "but we need to go."

"Why can't we come with you?" Jason asked, waggling his eyebrows suggestively. I knew he didn't mean it seriously though, he was the only player off the Santa Cruz High Cardinals that didn't constantly hit on us.

We laughed. "Sure, Jason. Sure." I said and linked arms with Jace as we started walking away. I could hear the other guys laughing and slapping Jason's back, saying things like 'Man, why don't you go after them?' and 'Dude, they're so hot! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?'. I just giggled along with Jace and kept walking towards the change rooms.

"Hey Jacelyn! Hey Avril!" Bubbly and perky Lacey exclaimed. Her ridiculously blonde hair was pulled into a high ponytail, her green eyes sparkling with excitement.