Chapter 25

OMG GUISE CHAPTER 25 LIKE WHUT.

WARNING: There is some swearing in this chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avril's POV

I sat on the floor in the stall of the bathrooms, my knees pulled up to my chest as I continued to cry. Inside, I was beating myself up over this.

Why am I so weak?

Because my parents died when I was just a baby, that’s why.

I might seem okay on the outside, I am a very good actress apparently, because on the inside, I'm slowly being suffocated. It feels like I'm drowning, but I can still see everyone around me still breathing. Was this what depression was like?  I felt helpless, no one could relate to my problems and I just didn’t know what to do anymore.

Inside me, my heart was broken and slowly fading away, I could feel it disappearing, leaving my body cold and numb.

I knew what was happening, and I really tried to not let it overcome me again, I really did.

But I could already feel it descending over me.

Depression.

*FLASHBACK*

Mindy, my guardian at the moment, waved as she sent me off to my first day of sixth grade. I smiled, but inside I was feeling so sad. I wish that was my real mom sending me off to school…

When I got to school, it almost broke my fragile heart. I saw all the parents, dropping their kids off at school for the first day. They were hugging, kissing their children goodbye before they left. I couldn’t help but feel a deep sadness, that I would never experience the feeling of a hug from my mother, or a pat on the back of congratulations from my father.

I went to class, chatted with my friends that I had made over the summer when I had moved here, and participated in class, but at lunch I ran to the washrooms and that was when it all started.

Depression.

I knew it was depression because we had talked about the symptoms in grade five. I didn’t want to be here, I wanted to be with my parents. I started considering suicide, but thought maybe, just maybe, I could get over these feelings.

So I pushed them down, held my head high, and tried to forget. I tried to forget the pain and the anguish, but I knew it would always be there, in the back of my mind and weighing down my heart.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

After that day, I tried my hardest to get rid of the depression, and I thought I had finally gotten rid of it.

I really did.

But I guess it was always in the back of my mind. And now it was making a comeback.

Blaise’s POV

Sh!t.

Sh!t sh!t sh!t!

Why did I kiss her?! She ran away from me!

Damn.

I chased after her down the hall, calling her name as she ran. I didn’t care that my head was wrapped up, or that there were nurses yelling at me left and right. I needed to know that Avril was okay.

I didn’t know why, but Avril was…she was…I don’t know, different. She was different from all the other girls I had ever dated, and I liked it.