Another Goodbye

Things have been confusing between me and elodie. We weren't back together, to the public we haven't even broken up. Theres speculation on why Nikki was here in Vergina and why haven't they seen me and Elle together in a while but we've not spoken to the public about it. Nikki is back in LA. She left the night I 'broke' up with her.

But things between me and Elle have been anything but simple. We would flirt and kiss occasionally have sex. But once it was over she'd leave. It was more like friends with benifits than anything. We were professional at work, but after she would come over time my place we'd hang for a while she would never stay the night. It had been a while since the whole nikki thing happened. 3 weeks roughly give or take.

Today was my birthday. I wanted to spend it with Ellie and when I called her. "Sorry, I'm busy." "With what? We had plans." We made plans months ago for my birthday we book an exclusive restaurant that had the longest wait list and we were meant to be going today. "Oh just hanging with the girls." "It's my birthday." "Yeah, your card is on the counter. I left it there last night." "Don't I get to see you?" "I mean, if I finish what I'm doing with the girls then sure." "Okay." "Have a good day."

And she hung up. So I woke up alone on my birthday. I spent the day alone and the night. She wasn't answering my messages. I felt shit. So shit. I didn't know what was happening between the two of us right now.

When I woke up the next morning I woke up to a news article about the girls out last night, for dinner together. It said that Elle ditched boyfriend on his birthday. Ouch. And ouch it was it sucked.

Then at work the following day everyone was acting as if it was okay. That my birthday wasn't yesterday and no one cared. I was hurt and I felt stupid for being hurt about people missing my birthday. What was I a teenager again?

"Elle can we talk?" Asked when she returned to the cast room after filming. "Sure." She said softly. I walked out of the cast room and down to the dressing rooms. We went into hers. "Did you have a good day yesterday?" "No." "oh." "Yeah, my girlfriend opted to go out with her friends over me." "Sorry what?" She asked half ammused. "You decided to go out with Phoebe and Claire than with me." "I'm not your girlfriend." I just looked at her. "We broke up." "But we got back together." "Did we?" 'Yeah, I came to your house. I rang Nikki in front of you and then we went to your room and had sex." "We had sex yeah... We didn't get back together." "Are you serious?" I asked astonished. Did she really just say that.

"Well, yeah." "So the passed few weeks." "Ian I don't know what to say." "Sorry for fucking with my head? That would be good start." "I wasn't fucking with your head Ian." "So telling me we weren't together. Not turning up on my birthday isn't fucking with my head?" "I didn't think you'd want me there." "Why?" "I thought you would have gotten Bo for the day." "Even if I did I would want you there Elodie." "What's going on with you?" I asked her after she didn't say anything. "Nothing." "This isn't you. This isn't how you act." "Maybe it is." "No I don't believe it." There was a knock on the door and Holly came in.

"Sorry to interrupt...it's your brother on the phone." Holly looked sad. "Tell him I'm getting on a flight. I'll be home." She told her. And she nodded and left. "Look I've got to go." "Where why?" She looked like she could cry at any moment.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I've not committed to you I just didn't want you to know... or I knew I wouldn't be myself." "Elle?" "My mums really sick... H said he would call if anything happened any changes. I've been back a few times recently. I just knew I would hurt you more if I was absent when she passed than if I just didn't." "Ellie." I say feeling so much pity for her. "I've really got to go." She said getting her bag together. "I'll come with." I tell her. "No you don't have to." "I know...but I want to be there for my girlfriend." Her face softened. "I'll look at flights you go talk to Julie." She nodded. "And Roo?" "I'll talk to Paul." She smiled slightly before leaving.