Happy Birthday

I woke up to an empty and cold bed. I stretched and rubbed my eyes the room was still in darkness as the curtains hadn't been open yet. "Elle?" I called out expecting her to pop here head out of the bathroom. She didn't.

I got a little concerned especially after yesterday. I don't like it when she doesn't sleep because she over works herself and when she does that she's grumpy and I have to deal with it. Her being grumpy can be kind of cute.

I pulled a top on and went downstairs to look for her. I went into the kitchen and she wasn't there. But there was a note on the fridge. "Happy Birthday! I made you breakfast (aka coffee) come to the lounge...x"
I found the coffee by the brewer and I smiled. It was still hot she she must have heard me upstairs and made it quickly. I grabbed it and went into the lounge like instructed. "Happy Birthday Daddy!" She said happily but my eyes were glued to the smiling baby in her lap. My smiling baby. I felt my face light up as I placed my coffee down and picked up my child. She was getting all excited. "I missed you so much babygirl. So much." I kissed her checks repeatedly and she was giggling away not a care in the world.

"Happy Birthday E." she said standing up. I wrapped and arm around her too pulling her into my side. "How in the world did you convince Nikki to let me have her. "She's your daughter. It's your birthday." "Please tell me she's still alive." I joked. "Suuure." She dragged the word out playing along with my joke. "This means the world to me." "I'm gonna go to Kats. You spend some time with your daughter. Nikki's assisent is coming to pick her up at 6." She tells me. I find myself nodding. "Aren't you staying." "You've not seen her in three weeks you need to be with her alone." I nodded again. "I'll be here to pick you up at 8 be ready." "What?" "Wear something nice." She winked and left the room. I held my daughter close to me. "Shall we go to your room." I say excited and she made a few noises. I abandoned the balloons and presents in here to play with my daughter.

I took lots of photos of her and the time went by too fast. "Daddy loves you.." I tell her kissing her one last time. I don't know when I'll get to see her again. As I passed the car seat over Nikki got out the car. "Ian?" She said before I was able to shut the door. "That girl. Elodie?" I nodded bracing myself for what she was about to say. "She's a good girl. She's the girl you've been looking for." I frowned confused. "I'm sorry I've put you through all this. Have your team email my team your schedule and we'll sort out days nights you can take Bodhi." I didn't know what to say. "Yeah." Was all I could muster. "I'll bring her over this weekend." "Really." "She's missed her dad." I nodded. "I missed her too."

"Come home." I say into the phone when Elle answered. "Why is something wrong?" "No I just want to show you call the cute photos I took today." "I'm glad you had a good day with her." "It was amazing." Then she hung up but the door opened. I scooped her up straight away and just held her. I'd never be able to repay her for what she had done but I wanted to show how thankful I was to her. Her legs wrapped around my waist helping me hold her up. "I can't thank you enough." I tell her as I place her back on her feet. She just smiled at me. "Seriously best birthday present ever...how did you keep it from me?" "You're a really heavy sleeper." I just smiled at her shaking my head. "We need to start getting ready." She informed me.

"Where are we going?" "Out." "Out?" "Side." "Funny." I said completely unamused. "I'm gonna go grab my dress." I frowned. "It's in my car." I nodded and she went. I went upstairs and put the speakers on and played some music. I was dancing to the music and turned around expecting to see Elle but I saw Paul and was laughing at me. "Happy birthday." He said through his laughter. "Was he dancing again?" Elle asked coming it holding a long bag that I assumed was her dress. "Paul isn't a dress." "He'd look pretty in a dress." "Doesn't count." "Well what about Candice and Kat in a dress." "No." She pulled a 'thinking' face as they walked into our room. "What about Nina on the phone." She said turning her phone to show me. Nina was on FaceTime smiling and waving. "How?" "Don't worry about it." She handed me the phone.