ღA Melted Heartღ (Damon Salvatore) Damned Children

Mystic Falls, 1864 (FLASHBACK)

A horse strung carriage was trudging down a deserted road in the middle of the forest. The moonlight shined down on the two men who were whipping the horses into gear to keep traveling. Both horse man looked out at the path and saw a woman no older than eighteen leaning over a figure.

The woman turned to look at the men. Fear, and wory written on her beautiful face, or so theu thought...

"Please! My husband!" The woman called grasping her gown and getting up running towards the still moving carriage. "Please help him!"

The men stopped the horses, and looked to the strange woman. She had her hair in thick dark brown curls and her brown eyes glistened in the moonlight.

"Please! My husband he's been hurt! Please help him." The mysterious woman pleaded, her breath raspy.

The first man instantly got out of the carriage and ran towards the injured man. The second man got out shortly after him.

He furrowed his brows in confusing, "What are you doing here out in the middle of the night? It's not safe."

"No." The woman said softly, as her eyes began to change and her canines enlarged. "No sir it's not safe."

The beautiful woman then sprang onto the man. Sinking her long sharpened canines into the mans neck. She sluped down the red liquid that ran out, gratefully and dropped him. Vanishing from sight.

The man catering to the wounded man, heard a commotion from the startled horses and he turned towards them. Not seeing his friend, or the woman anywhere in sight. He then looked to the ground beside the carriage and saw a still figure lying there motionless.

The first man's eyes widened as he turned to run to his friend. But a woman blocked his way hissing. The same one that killed his now dead partner.

She leaped onto him, the same way as she did with the other man and sunk her teeth in. Enjoying the pain she was causing him, as he thrashed about like a wild pig. She pushed him off of her and licked her lips, as she turned back to the 'Injured' man.

"And that's how it's done." The woman said breathlessly, as a drop of the sticky substance dropped onto her dress.

The man sat up looking at the two bodies, "What happens to the bodies?"

"We'll take them into the woods and the other animals will finish them off." She answered.

The man let out a shaky breath as he looked at the men's corpses. He knew he one day would have to do this to people as well.

"Are you sure your ready for this Damon?" The woman asked him, curiously.

"I'm ready Katherine, I want you to turn me."

"When it's time." Katherine responded, then smirked, "Kiss me."

Damon began to pull out a handkerchief out of his front pocket to wipe the excess blood off of his love's face. But as he approached her, she grabbed his hand and pushed it down.

"You should get a taste." She smiled, leaning in towards Damon's full lips.

He leaned as well but, then back away. Slightly disgusted at the fluid resting on her mouth, "Sorry."

"Don't be, soon you won't be able to get enough."

Damon nodded and then leaned in halfway, Katherine grew impatient and reached her hand behind his head and made him meet her lips completely.

At first Damon was un-responsive, he stood there frozen. But once he realized what she had said was true, he shrugged the awkward feeling off and kiss back forcefully. They pulled away from each other as Damon licked the saltiness off his lips.