P̵̹͒à̵̢r̴̼͂t̷̫̅ ̶̲̅3̸̰̂0̶̬͂

Start from the beginning

        Having no conclusions to tap it down to, Helen adds the abnormality to her ever growing list of things that are not normal with Spencer (She is not saying the girl ever was normal. No one who thinks cookie dough and netflix is the solution to their problems is normal). "Alright, I need to do a closer exam now if you don't mind."

       Spencer hesitates, but eventually pulls her shirt off, thankful that she wore a sports bra today. Helen stares wide eyed at the rugged scars across Spencer's torso, back and arms. She's seen alot in her career (Mostly because of her time working for Stark) but never had she ever imagined seeing this. Especially on someone like Spencer: Someone so selfless and caring.

      Spencer looks away from her stare, tears forming in her eyes. Helen realizes her mistake and shakes her head, getting straight to work. She looks over each cut, stab, abrasion and burn with peek expertise. Someone these would have been so bad, she's surprised Spencer survived at all. Especially the one running down her chest. That scar is bound to stay with her forever.

      "None of them ever got infected?" Helen asks quietly, still in shock. Spencer doesn't dare look down at her chest. "No." Helen hums. "I'd guess you were somewhere cold when these occurred." Spencer looks at Helen in surprise. She had been. Those nights in the building where Jake was keeping her were the absolute worst. The heat of the bug zapper constantly zapping her (How generous of Jake, right?) was the only thing she had to keep warm.

      "How'd you know?" Helen glances at Spencer, then points at some of the cuts. Spencer swallows her vomit back down. Helen pokes at one of the scars and Spencer expects a sharp pain, but instead feels absolutely nothing. Helen nods. "You didn't feel that, did you?" Spencer shakes her head and Helen stands up.

      "The nerve endings on your injuries were frozen. It also must have been what kept you from bleeding out." Spencer nods, but she sees a gleam in Helen's eyes. She thinks its something else. Just doesn't know what it is.

        "Okay, well that's all I need from you." Spencer nods and pulls her shirt back on and hops off the hospital bed. "Have FRIDAY contact me if you need anything else." With a nod Spencer opens the door to the medbay. In an instant Tony is on his feet. "Well?" Spencer stares at him for a moment, then turns on her heel and walks away.

       Tony tries to follow, but Natasha grabs his arm stopping him. "Give her a minute. She's anxious. Being back must be a lot for her." Tony frowns, but doesn't follow after her. He can only hope that she'll come to hime when she's ready.

      Spencer hears a knock on the door to the room she is currently staying in. Tony had already had it pre set up with all her things, which Spencer thought was a bit foolish. Up until yesterday she never thought she would be back here. Her father held onto a hope that she never had, and that hurt.

      She sits up on the bed and frowns. She really isn't in the mood to talk to her father right now. "Spencer?" Spencer frowns. That's not the voice of her father. She jumps off the bed and opens the bedroom door. Peter stands on the other side, a smile on his face. "I got you something."

      A white bag is raised into Spencer's line of view and her eyes go wide. The Cheesecake Factory. A faded memory flashes before her eyes. Eating. Running. A bridge. Scaly monster. Falling. And- Peter.

     Before Peter realizes what is happening, Spencer lurches forward and pulls Peter into a bone crushing hug. He blinks for a moment, then throws his arms around her, letting her cry into his shoulder. After a few minutes, Spencer sniffles, having fallen asleep in Peter's arms. He laughs slightly, then sweeps her into his arms and carries her to her bed, laying down by her.

      The two of them drift off into a blissful sleep, cheesecake completely forgotten. 

SOME SPARKER FOR YA'LL

I THINK IT'S LONG OVERDUE

ANY MORE GUESSES AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON WITH SPENCER? OR WHO JAKE IS?

A FEW CHAPTERS AGO ONE OF YOU GOT REALLY CLOSE GUESSING A PLOT LINE THAT IS COMING SOON

LIKE

YOU BASICALLY REVEALED MY WHOLE PLAN FOR THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS

YOU A MIND READER OR SM?

ANYWAY, I NEED SLEEP SO 

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

BYE!