chapter 1

───── ❝ 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ❞ ─────

𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐨: you're an experienced cadet serving under erwin smith's command, you've never had any real interactions with levi, everything you know about humanity's strongest soldier comes from secondhand whispers and complaints (you don't have a very high opinion of him)

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐬: absolute baddie, emotional trauma, brave to the point of being reckless (there are rumors that you're suicidal), daddy issues, incredibly protective of people you care about, quick to judge others (you usually assume the worst when meeting new people), people that aren't close to you describe you as grumpy

𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬: highly proficient in hand to hand combat, proficient in most weapons, especially proficient with knives, hyper-focused to the point of obsession while completing missions, can easily dispatch 2-10 meter titans unassisted

──────────

**𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫** please forgive me if i mess up a little on some of the specifics because i think we all know this manga is complicated af

**𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭**

──────────

•• 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 ••

──────────

crimson flooded your vision as titan blood splattered across your cheeks and forehead, dripping onto your lashes and transforming the world around you into a smudged mess of blood. in the back of your brain you registered the putrid smell of decay and rot characteristic of titans.

you cringed in disgust as the foul smell clouded your thoughts, the biting heat of steam flushing your face as the gore disappeared into the air around you.

a deep frown settled across your features when you noticed the stain in your freshly cleaned trousers wasn't evaporating like the rest of the mess.

today was shittier than usual.

accepting the fate of yet another pair of trousers, you take in your surroundings, ears straining to pick up the subtle sounds of shifting trees or abnormals hiding in wait.

you'd been forced to take to the ground after a titan had latched onto your ODM gear, rendering the mechanisms useless. you felt exposed without the advantage of flight and tree cover, but you'd been in worse situations.

you were trained to adapt and overcome, so that's what you'd do.

your ears picked up the familiar whooshing of ODM gear in the distance, but as you prepare to yell for assistance the ground starts shaking with the familiar rumblings of titan foot fall.

it was getting close at an abnormally fast rate and you had nowhere to hide fast enough.

your blades were dull and worn but still sharp enough to pose a threat. the damage to your gear made flying nearly impossible to control, but it was better than doing nothing and letting yourself get eaten.