Chapter 25: Honeymoon Avenue

Start from the beginning

When she got close enough, Beyoncé pushed Kadence off and wiped Nicki's mouth with her hand. She stood in front of her, holding her chin.

"Let's go."

"I'm coming Daddy, let me—"

"Let's fucking go Onika."

"Oooh you never call me that."

"Bro, she was talking to me. I don't know who the fuck you are—"

Beyoncé whipped her head around to face Kadence. She tried to remember the shit that Nicki had been telling her but she was starting to see red.

"I suggest you move man. I will get in trouble for the shit I'm about to do if you don't walk away."

"I'm no—"

"Bro fucking move! Damn! I didn't ask you shit so don't sit here and act like I did. You get one lil' kiss that get your dick wet and you wanna go crazy over a bitch you don't know. Get the fuck on."

"Do we have an issue you all?" A security officer stood next to them and Beyoncé looked between him and Kadence.

"Man do we?"

"Nah." He walked away and the officer turned to Nicki and Beyoncé. If Nicki didn't have so much alcohol in her system then she would have been angry.

Beyoncé grabbed Nicki's hand, helping her up out of the seat. She put one of Nicki's arms around both of her shoulders and slyly took the key card out of her hand.

Once they got on the elevator, Beyoncé let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding in. They got to Nicki's room and Beyoncé sat on the bed beside her after she laid her down on it.

She started to take her shirt off and Nicki's eyes popped opened, flailing her arms around, fighting.

"Yo relax, nobody's trying to hurt you. Go back to sleep." She said, successfully taking her shirt off. "Man you would think with the way you and your friends be drinking, you can handle— How many drinks did you even have?"

She knew Nicki didn't have just champagne. When she sat down to watch her, she was taking shots. All by herself. Everybody else was either somewhere with their lovers or in their room doing something else.

"You're ridiculous man. You just kissing on random niggas now?"

She was genuinely just talking to herself at this point. Which seemed to be a routine when Nicki got fucked up. She was always there to pick her back up.

Beyoncé sighed in frustration for herself and Nicki.

She wanted to tell Nicki how much she loved her. She wanted to do everything to protect her and make sure nobody hurt her. All she knew was aggression and 'handling'. It's been like that her entire life.

Beyoncé rested her forehead against Nicki's, rubbing behind her ear. "I'm crazy for you Mama and I'm trying to do right by you. Please don't ever give up on me baby."

Nicki was the only one that'd ever made her feel sorry for anything. She really did love her. It was her cadence, the way she carried herself, the way she spoke. She was beautiful in all ways, Beyoncé just didn't know how to show her.