Chapter 13: Death Wish

Omniscient
December 31st
California

Aubrey opened Nicki's door for her, she stepped out of the car and kissed him on his cheek

When she said she was done with Beyoncé, she meant it. Aubrey coming back into town only helped her prove that even more. Her friends thought it was a bad idea knowing who Beyoncé was but she didn't care, she wasn't listening to them.

A knock on the door surprised Nicki but she got up, turning the TV off anyway. She stood up on her tippy toes and looked through the peephole to see Aubrey with his small fro.

She opened the door for him and he immediately pulled her into his arms.

"I missed you girl."

She took in his scent, letting him hold her as tight as he wanted. When he let her go, she looked up at him.

"Where you been?"

"Looking for you." He answered slyly. "Been waiting on you to call me and tell me you miss me."

She rolled her eyes. "If anything I'd think you'd be the one calling Aubrey."

"Why? 'Cause I just miss you that much?"

"I mean that's why you're here right? Because you miss me?" She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into the house.

"You know I do."

She'd let Aubrey inside her. She didn't lie, she missed him just as much as he'd missed her and she needed a break from everything that was going on in her life. Her job was getting more and more stressful by the day. Who knew making sure everybody else got paid was so stressful?

He was a big distraction and she liked that. He kept her busy, kept her on her toes and he didn't go crazy after he got some pussy. A little corny and sensitive but she could get over that. He was leaving the state in a month anyway.

"Come on Ma, I'm sure your friends are waiting on you." He intertwined their fingers.

From the entrance Nicki could see Justin and Alex dancing. She smiled widely at that. Alex brought out a side in Justin that Nicki had never seen before and she liked it. He was boundless with her, he tried new things that she always seemed to put him on to.

Jhené was a jealous as it got. Even though she was still messing around with Micheal, she just always felt like she would have Justin in her corner. It made her mad how happy Alex made him. She wanted him all to herself.