A Full Day of Classes and a Hippogriff Attack

When Harry, Ron, Estella, and Hermione entered the Great hall for breakfast the next day, the first thing they saw was Draco Malfoy, who seemed to be entertaining a large group of Slytherins with a very funny story. As they passed, Malfoy did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit, and there was a roar of laughter.

Estella glanced at Harry, "Ignore him," she said, rolling her eyes at his antics. He must've been desperate for attention. "Just ignore him; he's not worth it..."

"Hey, Potter!" shrieked Pansy Parkinson, a Slytherin girl who Estella believed kinda looked like a pug. "Potter! The dementors are coming, Potter! Woooooo!"

Harry dropped into a seat at the Gryffindor table next to George Weasley, who beamed at Sienna Scamander, granddaughter of Newt Scamander. Estella sat down and watched as George pressed a quick kiss against her lips before turning to Harry.

Yes! Estella knew they were dating, even if he did lie to Mrs. Weasley. If George wasn't with Fred, you always knew who'd you find him with. You just had to hope you didn't walk into the wrong broom closet.

"New third-year course schedule," said George, glancing at the papers in their hands. "What's up with you, Harry?" He noticed Harry's clenched jaw.

"Malfoy," said Ron, sitting across from George and glaring at the Slytherin table. Estella turned around in time to see Draco pretending to faint with terror again. You would think that'd get pretty old.

"That little git," he said calmly. "He wasn't so cocky last night when the dementors were down at our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself," said Fred, with a contemptuous glance at Draco. Estella watched Sienna laugh.

"What a cockroach," she smiled. George grinned and kissed her again.

"I wasn't too happy myself," said George. "They're horrible things, those dementors..."

"Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?" Fred added. Estella hummed in agreement.

"You didn't pass out, though, did you?" said Harry in a low voice. Estella nudged him and grabbed his hand. It was a normal reaction given Harry's past experiences. She felt his eyes on her as he squeezed her hand.

"Forget it, Harry," said George bracingly. "Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time, remember, Fred? And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been; he came back all weak and shaking...They suck the happiness out of a place, dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."

Estella nodded, "My father's been there a lot because of his job. Every time he returns, he has to take hot showers, drinks hot beverages, and do things that make him feel better," she added.

"Anyway, we'll see how happy Malfoy looks after our first Quidditch match," said Fred. "Gryffindor versus Slytherin, the first game of the season, remember?"

Estella turned her attention to Hermione and began examining their schedules.

"Ooh, good, we're starting some new subjects today," she said happily. Estella grabbed Harry's schedule to compare classes.

She beamed up at him, "Every class except Arithmancy, Potter. I guess you're stuck with me."

Harry smiled, "Wouldn't have it any other way." Estella reached up to brush his hair as Ron's voice filled the silence.

"But look," said Ron, laughing, "see this morning? Nine o'clock, Divination. And underneath, nine o'clock, Muggle Studies. And" -Ron leaned closer to the schedule, disbelieving- underneath that, "Arithmancy, nine o'clock. I mean, I know you're good, Hermione, but no one's that good. How're you supposed to be in three classes at once?" Estella smirked, with a time-turner, of course. Estella got lucky and was able to have a different period for Arithmancy, while her friends had a free block.