Hogsmeade and Sirius Black

Estella sat with Ron and Hermione in the Gryffindor Common Room, awaiting Harry's return from Quidditch practice. Estella laid spanned out across the couch with her feet on Hermione's lap while Ron sat with his back against the fireplace.

Estella looked at Ron with concern, "You must be mental; the Weird Sisters are ten times better than Spellbound. Have you listened to their latest release?" Hermione laughed as she saw Estella's appalled face and Ron's expression of disbelief. Ron may have already had Ginny, but these two argued worse than siblings did.

The conversation which moved onto the first Hogsmeade trip halted as a familiar voice asked, "What's happened?" Estella smiled as she watched Harry walk in. Harry immediately returned her gaze and lifted her head so he could sit. She leaned onto his laugh, her head on his legs. Unconsciously, Harry began skimming his fingers through her soft, borderline dark red hair.

Estella peered up at Harry, "First Hogsmeade weekend," said Ron, pointing at a notice that had appeared on the battered old bulletin board. "End of October. Halloween."

"Excellent," said Fred, who had followed Harry through the portrait hole. "I need to visit Zonko's. I'm nearly out of Stink Pellets."

Estella noticed Sienna and George's absence, "Where's Sienna and her follower?" Estella laughed.

Fred groaned, "I'll give you a hint; you definitely don't want to go into the boom closet in the Tower." Estella laughed while Ron let out a gasp.

Hermione turned to Harry, "Harry, I'm sure you'll be able to go next time," she said. "They're bound to catch Black soon. He's been sighted once already." Estella didn't think Black would be sighted again until he wanted to be seen.

Harry peered down at Estella, "How in the world, are you allowed to go?"

Estella frowned, "Well, technically, he's more after you then he is me. At least, that's what my dad claimed in his letter." Estella shivered at the thought of Sirius Black journeying to Hogwarts for Harry.

"I'm going to ask McGonagall; it's not going to be fun being the only third-year left behind."

Estella reached up and grabbed the hand that was her hair, "I'll stay with you. I have no problem spending the day together. Oh, we could go exploring, or star gazing that night. Ooh, we could go to the kitchens and bake a cake. I'm good friends with Dobby and some of the other House Elfs; they'd never rat me out for being there," Estella listened excitedly.

Harry appreciated her more than she could ever know at that moment, but he wouldn't put a damper on her day and force her to stay behind. "It's okay, Es."

Estella's eyebrows raised, "Fine, I'll even let you try to teach me to fly a broom." Estella cringed as she remembered first-year flight class. If you thought Neville was bad, then you hadn't seen Estella.

Harry smiled widely, "As tempting as that is, you could go and have fun. But you have to promise to bring me back some sweets."

Estella grinned, "Hey, I would've done that regardless."

Estella lifted her head and sat up as Harry pulled his bag toward him, took out parchment, ink, and quill, and started to work. Estella grabbed her DADA half-finished boggart summary and book and began to finish her summary. Sitting so close to Harry, his warmth radiated against her.

"You can copy mine if you like," said Ron, labeling his last star with a flourish and shoving the cart toward Harry.

Estella glanced at Hermione, who strongly disapproved of copying answers. Unbeknownst to the boys, Estella and Hermione often exchanged answers. Estella "helped" Hermione with Divination and sometimes Transfiguration, while Hermione "helped" Estella with Arithmancy. If Estella had known it involved so much math, she would've thought twice before taking it. Nevertheless, Hermione would murder Estella if she dropped the class. It wasn't that she did poorly in it; at the moment, she maintained an O average, but strongly detested math.