Chapter 4

Keefe's POV:

Keefe stared at the back of her head all through Chemistry. It just wasn't possible. He looked at his ring. Then back at her. It all corresponded. Should he tell her? This was craziness.

All through the class he debated with himself. Should I? Should I not?

His thoughts wandered back to the day he got his ring. 

"Come on, Keefe! I waited 6 months longer than I should have for this, so you better move your ass to the offices."

"I want this just as bad as you do. Though please try to hold back on the sass. That's my thing." He winked at Fitz.

"Remind me why I'm friends with you?"

"You really want me to go through the list? It might take a while."

Fitz sighed and Keefe smirked as they walked next to each other the rest of the route. Finally, the building where they would get their rings, or as it was commonly called "The Offices" came into view.

They walked in. It was an impressive building. People were running around everywhere. There must have been a lot of work that day.

"Hey, boys."

Mrs. Vacker laughed as Fitz let out a high-pitched squeal. Mrs. Vacker was a middle-aged woman with chocolate locks and heart shaped lips. Her blue eyes worked perfectly with her tan. The thing about her was that she had the tendency to appear out of nowhere, even when you were excpecting her.

"Ready for you rings? I know I was nervous when I got mine."

"I'm just scared that I won't reconginize my soulmate when I see them." That came from Keefe.

"Don't worry about it. You'll know who it is when you see them," she had said.

Now Keefe had finally met his soulmate and he didn't know what he should do. He looked down at his ring and inspected the gems. It had a tiger's eye in the middle that had these little gold highlights. Around it were mini pieces of yellow topaz.

Keefe took it off and looked at the inside. It had the word "Foster" inside with a little question mark afterwards. Now all that was missing was her initials. It was a little known fact, but when they got engaged, their initials were engraved on the inside of their soulmate's rings.

And he couldn't wait for it to happen.

                                                                                 ***

She walked off with a smile on her face. Over her shoulder she threw, "Close your mouths boys, we wouldn't want flies in there, would we?" She smirked as she said it.

And all Keefe could think was, That's my soulmate! That's my girl right there! Calm yourself, she is not yours yet. Yes she is! SHE IS MINE!

He was having an internal battle with himself. He wanted her so bad and he barely knew her. There was some sort of attraction to her. All he wanted was to hold her and love her and kiss her. And he couldn't do anything about it.

"You okay, man?" Fitz's voice sliced through his inner turmoil. 

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"You have some kind of weird smile on your face. Your not falling for her already, are you?" Fitz smirked.

"Hey, hey, hey. The smirk is my thing. Only, and I repeat, ONLY the Keefester can pull that off."

"Aaaaand?"

"Well, Ikindofthinkshe'smysoulmate." His cheeks turned beet red.

"NO WAY. NO FRICKIN WAY. I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU. Man, what are you waiting for? Go get your chick." Fitz's grin was wider than the ocean.

"I don't want to scare her off. What if she doesn't want me? What if I'm not really her soulmate? What if she hates me? What if I mess up? What if she decides that she it too much smarter, and cuter, and funnier, and sarcastic-ier..."

"Dude, I have never heard you think that anyone is better than you." Keefe cracked a smile. "So, you go there and show me and her what you are made of. I know you. You're a great guy, everyone likes you."

"AWWWWWWWW. Thank you Fitzy. Though I do warn you, if I met my soulmate then you're gonna have to put those feelings on hold."

"I knew I was going to regret saying that." Fitz muttered. 

Now Keefe's only problem? Well, actually 2 problems? To see if she's actually his soulmate and to get her to fall for him.