Chapter Twenty-Two

I looked at my reflection in the mirror, trying to calm my nerves. Aria left just after putting on the finishing touches to my appearance. We had decided not to go overboard with my hair and makeup. Okay let me rephrase that, I made Aria not go overboard with my hair and makeup. I'm pretty sure if she had it her way she would have made me look like I was going to a ball or something, but to her dismay I wanted a natural look. Well as natural as you could get whilst wearing makeup. My 'natural look' consisted of light foundation, nude eye-shadow, a minimal amount of eyeliner, mascara and some lipgloss. For my hair she just straightened it, wanting to go for the casual look. I must admit that I thought I looked pretty decent, I just hope Jase thinks so too. I looked at time on my watch and it was 4:57, Jase should be here any minute now, which didn't calm my nerves one bit. I went and sat on my bed, playing Tetris on my phone, which I'm pretty decent at ever since I got addicted a couple of years ago.

A couple of minutes went past until the doorbell interrupted my Tetris time. Oh god. He's here. I hopped up, grabbed my jacket and walked downstairs. I took a huge breath before I opened the door. Jase stood there looking hotter than ever before (if that was even possible). He was wearing black chinos with a blue button up shirt that had tiny little birds all over it and was buttoned all the way to the top. He was also wearing black and white converses. His hair was perfectly tousled, he must have put some gel or something in it which he usually doesn't. I must have been staring at him for a solid minute when he cleared his throat.

"Hey Ollie, you look beautiful," he smiled nervously down at me.

"Thanks Jase, you're looking pretty fly for a white guy," I snickered, Jase shortly joined in with me. "Ready to go?" I asked.

"You bet your damn skippy I am!" he winked at me. Oh dear lord, he remembered that saying I said weeks ago. I mentally slapped myself. I was so excited to spend time with Jase that my excitement was pushing away my nerves and in no time we arrived to the place where we would spend our date. I eagerly hopped out of the car before Jase could come around and open the door for me, well I assumed he would have opened the door for me. I scanned my surroundings and saw a half empty parking lot as Jase grabbed a picnic basket out of the boot. "Come on Ollie, you must be dying to know the surprise."

"Hell yeah!" I laughed. Jase held out his hand to me and I reached out and grabbed it, we walked hand in hand to a clearing in between the buildings. There were people scattered across the grass, most were on blankets but some were just sitting on the grass. Everyone seemed to be seated in the direction looking at the side of one of the buildings. I was slightly confused to what we were doing. "I don't get it."

"Good."

I frowned at Jase as he led me to a clear patch of grass underneath a tree. He opened the picnic basket and pulled out a blanket. He gave me one end of the blanket as he held the other and we spread it across the grass. I sat down and Jase followed suit and grabbed the picnic basket.

"So we're having a picnic with heaps of randoms around?" I asked. I couldn't seem to figure out what the hell we were doing here. "Kind of, do you want a drink?" I nodded and he pulled out plastic champagne flutes and a bottle of sparkling grape juice. He popped the cork and poured us both one. He passed me mine, "Here you go milady," he said in a terrible English accent. I thanked him before taking a sip. I saw someone setting up some sort of contraption behind us and realised as the picture was forming that we were going to watch a movie. I'd never watched a movie on the side of a building before but I had always wanted to.

"What movie are we watching?" I asked Jase.

"Grease."

"Really? I love Grease! It's one of the best musicals ever!"