Chapter Eighteen

I shut the front door behind me, knowing that my mother would still be up I gave her a brief summary of my day and went to my bedroom and collapsed onto my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about what Finn had said. I could only hope that Jase's silence was a good thing. I'm surprised he even brought it up on the car ride home, I know I wasn't going to.

Even though I felt bad for winning the game like that, I was happy, because I was in Jase's team for the other rounds. It was like he was worried that I was going to get him again or maybe he just wanted me to be in his team, which I was absolutely fine with. Being in his team was great, he showed me how to shoot properly (since I missed shooting him in the first game). I decided to be a defender for the remainder of the games since I lost the element of surprise. I just couldn't get him out of my head, I kept seeing his laughing face when he shot Wesley on his crown jewels, damn his smile was contagious and man did he look good. Aria was right I did like Jase and I really really liked him. Shit! Aria! I've got to ring her, I'll get ready for bed then I'll ring.

I stuffed my hand into my back pocket and grabbed my phone, I turned on some music. I stripped out of my sweaty clothes and put my pajamas on. After putting on my t-shirt and quickly brushing my teeth, I jumped into bed and turned off my music to call Aria. I hit the call button and waited barely 5 seconds before she picked up. "Hey Ollie, how'd paintballing go?" she questioned. I filled her in on the day's events. She asked about every little detail, especially about how we won the first game. She was almost shocked about the balls it took to do that. I then went on to tell her about being on defence with Jase. The whole time she made comments such as 'Go Ollie', 'You sure showed them, 'girl power' and 'Fuck yeah!'

"Oh and I, um.... think I might kind of like Jase," I said so quietly that Aria could only just hear.

"No shit, Sherlock. Glad you've finally accepted it. We can go on double dates now and you don't have to be a third wheel anymore!" she continued to ramble on.

"Aria... ARIA!," I exclaimed trying to shut her up.

"Sorry Olivia, I just got a bit carried away," she mumbled into the phone.

"That's alright, but I don't even know if he likes me back yet! Just don't get my hopes up, yeah?" I went on to fill her in on the awkward comment made by Finn.

"Oh yeah, that would have been really awkward if Wesley didn't say something. But in saying that, I think you still have a chance. If Jason didn't at least kind of like you then he would've said something. So I say just go with it, what's the worst that could happen?"

"Well..." I started.

"Okay dismiss that, but really, I think you should keep hanging out with Jase, even if he does just want to just be friends. You like hanging out with him, so go for it."

"Okay, thanks for the advice Aria. I don't know what I would do without you," I sighed.

"I have an idea, why don't you ask Jason to Noah's hockey game on Thursday night? He did say he would go, so why not with you? It's not a date or anything 'cause I'll be there of course. I mean you hung out with his friends for a day, I'm sure he can come to one hockey game and hang out with your friends,"

"I suppose I could, but you know how bad I am at doing this stuff. You remember how nervous I was when I started dating Adrien!"

Adrien was my first and only boyfriend, he was a French exchange student, who was in New Zealand for a year. We went out for seven months and only broke up because he went back to France. We still skype occasionally and catch up with each other.

"Look Olivia, that was year eleven and remember you had a great time with Adrien. It was your first relationship so of course you were going to be nervous. All I'm saying is that you should call Jase. You seem to really like him, so why give up on him?"

"I guess you have a point. I'll call him after you fill me in on your weekend."

Aria filled me in on her weekend spent with her cousins, I wish I could've gone. But then again I wouldn't want to pass up on my awesome weekend playing paintball. Aria said that they were planning to come down for most of the Christmas holidays. I was excited to see them again since it's been a year since they last came, they're like a second family to me. I know how much Aria loves it when they visit because then her apartment isn't as lonely as it is usually.

A few hours later I was still wondering whether or not to call Jase, it was getting pretty late and it was a Sunday, so he might have gone to bed already. But the longer I procrastinated the later it would be, so I decided to bite the bullet and pressed the call button. After three rings there was no answer. I debated whether or not I should hang up when Jase picked up. "Hey Ollie," Jase said lazily. He sounded so good. I wish I sounded that good on the phone, from what Aria has told me I sound very manly.

"Hey, sorry did I wake you?" I asked quietly.

"Um yeah, but I don't mind."

There was silence for a few seconds while I was trying to muster up the courage to ask him. "So... Jase, I was wondering if you wanted to come watch Noah's hockey game with Aria and I on Thursday?" I held my breath and waited for his answer.

"I would love to," he answered straight away and I let out a breath.

"Cool, can't wait."

Shit, I hope I don't sound too eager. I rolled over in my bed to get more comfortable. My leg got stuck in my sheets as I rolled over one more time, causing me to fall off my bed and onto the floor. Even though I banged my elbow on my nightstand as I fell down, nothing could wipe the smile off my face. "Ollie? Ollie are you alright?" I faintly heard my phone lying on the ground beside me and retrieved it. "Yeah I just banged my elbow when falling off my bed..." I replied quietly. I heard him try to stifle his laughter which made my face go bright red, even though he wasn't here it was still embarrassing.

"I really enjoyed paintball today, apart from the first round though," Jase said, he obviously wanted to keep the conversation going, which I didn't mind.

"Oh really, and why would that be?" I joked.

"Because Finn will never let me forget how you won." He said quietly. I had absolutely no idea what to say. "But we totally kicked ass in the other games," I added. We continued to talk for a while about paintballing and Jase's friends. After about an hour on the phone I ended up yawning, Jase following suit. I looked at the time to see that it was around midnight "Fuck," I said a bit too loudly.

"Sorry what?" Jason asked sounding slightly confused.

"It's midnight, damn I didn't realise we had been talking for so long,"

"Yeah," he added. I didn't want to hang up, but I knew that if i didn't I would be a walking zombie tomorrow at school and that never went well. Especially on a Monday.

"Well I should probably go to bed or I probably won't make it to school tomorrow," I sighed.

"Yeah, you're right."

There was silence for a minute. "But I'll see you tomorrow right?" He asked sounding hopeful. Well I'd like to think so anyway. "Yeah sounds good, night Jase."

"Nighty night Ollie," I pressed end and sat back on my bed with a huge smile on my face. I knew that we didn't have classics tomorrow so that meant I would get to see him out of class. I put my phone on the nightstand remembering my elbow that was most likely going to bruise.

Going paintballing today was bloody awesome and I had to play it again sometime, hopefully with Jase and his friends. Even though I had some cuts from the thorn bush and a nice cut on my hand, I would happily go again. It was definitely worth the pain. My muscles were starting to ache a bit from all the exercise, even though I ran a lot this was a different type of exercise that will make it even harder to get out of bed tomorrow morning. I fell asleep within minutes, hoping that tomorrow would go well with Aria's absence.   

*********

Hey Guys,

I hope you enjoyed that chapter, next one won't be too far way.

Anyways just wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year!!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter :D