Fears and Pet Peeves

Everyone has a reason for fears and pet peeves. It comes from their past.

For example, I absolutely despise and am afraid of slugs ever since I stepped on a fucking slug BAREFOOT.

It was slimy.

But what I'm trying to say is that Fears and Pet Peeves should come from past experiences. There is one thing all good authors know. (Well I would damn well hope they know)

EVERYTHING IS FOR A REASON.

In the world of books, nothing is random. And neither should your characters be.

That being said fears should come from their past. Here are some examples:

- Fear of the dark because something bad happened in the dark when they were little.

- Fear of the dark because they fear the unknown? But why they fear the unknown is for you to decide. (because I'm lazy)

 (because I'm lazy)

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Or maybe, they fear a lot of things because they were taught to.

Or MAYBE they fear a lot of things but life has forced them to face their fears so now they don't fear anything.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I don't know, it's up to you to decide.