Chapter 2: Wings

By now, it was lunchtime. I earned many sympathetic glares as Baymax and I walked over to the cafeteria to meet the gang.

"Hey" Wasabi smiled as Baymax and I sat at a table.

"Hi. What are you having for lunch?" I asked, trying to make a non-Tadashi related conversation.

"We're all having chicken wings. You know, the ones that make your faces melt? Just they're not as good as the ones aunt Cass makes" he laughed as Fred came back with a tray of chicken.

"I can't wait to get stuck in" Fred took a wing in his hand and ripped a piece with his teeth. "Mmm. This is good. But not as good as Cass makes them"

I took one in my hand and ripped a piece of chicken, propping it in my mouth and chewing.

"Yeah" I smiled "Definitely not as good. My face hasn't melted off yet" I laughed.

Everyone laughed with me. The first time we laughed together in a week.

Honey Lemon took a wing and took a bite.

"Ah! Hot hot hot!" She fanned her tongue as she reached for her peach iced tea and sipped it.

"Aunt Cass definitely makes them better" she smiled.

The gang shared glances at each other as they all picked up a wing and held it up.

"We miss you Tadashi" Honey started "Have fun up there"

They all touched their wings together as I looked over at the tray and took the last piece. I put it in a paper bag.

"See you guys later. I-I have to do something" Baymax and I walked off in the distance.

"Poor Hiro" I could hear Honey in the background.

I closed my eyes and tried to block out all sound.

I reached Tadashi's lab. Since they wanted memories of him, they never got rid of it. I opened the door and walked inside with Baymax. I sat on his swivel stool.

"I got you this" I laid the paper bag on his desk. "Everyone likes aunt Cass's wings more" I laughed.

Baymax remained quiet.

"I miss you Tadashi" I put my hand on his desk and slowly walked back out and towards my lab.