[29] bloom

song:
promise - ben howard

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

chapter 29 - bloom
tw - degrading, rough sex, dom/sub dynamics, masturbation

After Levi and I had overturned our hearts and gawked at the stars, for what felt like hours, we decided to go to bed...

...in his room...

...to...uh...sleep?

Yeah.

Leaning over Levi's pristine, bleach-white bathroom counter, I stared at my reflection in the glossy mirror, which shone every one of my flaws. Blue-purple crescents settled under my tired eyes, enhancing the hollowed outlook of my cheekbones. My once lively, illuminated skin was now dripping with thoughts of death, almost corpse-like. My clavicles stuck out like thorns in a bundle of sweet roses, and the thickness of my hair was unseen, while strands and strands of blonde locks covered the shower floor.

Exhaustion wasn't always physical, instead, the wretched, sluggish feeling was constantly eating away at my mind. The undead was all-consuming to me. Haunting memories of brutal murders and the carved out souls of people I had slaughtered, hacked away at my slowly fading sanity. I was worn out, to say
the least.

Still, I knew I had to stay. I couldn't run away, I wouldn't let myself. My worst fear, having too much to lose, was my reality now. Friends, and a newfound family, bound me to this life, and whether I liked it or not, my fate was intertwined with theirs.

"Mae" Levi called out, dragging his feet along the tile floor.

Now, I was no longer looking at just my fatigued state, but the stormy eyes of someone whom I cared for more than life. From behind, he wrapped his arms around my waist, propping his head upon my scrawny shoulder.

"You look nice" Levi mumbled into my ear, then he buried his bashful face into my freshly washed hair.

"You really think so?" I lightly smiled, questioning how he could see my battered state as "attractive".

"Mhm," he murmured, "How about I show you just how beautiful you are?"

Without leaving me time for a response, he swiftly grabbed my abdomen and flipped me over his broad shoulder.

Nothing unusual, I suppose.

"What are you planning, prince charming?" I mocked, sort of realizing what he had in mind.

He stayed quiet, gently throwing me onto his freshly-made bed, face-up, and pinning my hands taught against the sides of my head. I failed to notice his halfway unbuttoned dress shirt too.