How To: A Guide. (Levi x Reader)

"LEVIIIII-" Your shouting was abruptly ended by Levi's icy gaze, forewarning you. Frowning slightly, you sighed and plopped down next to him. The benches in the mess hall were uncomfortable, but you liked being near him.
Leaning on his shoulder slightly, you pulled the letter from your cloak and held it in the light. "I got my letter!"

His eyes opened a bit as you stood up from the seat. No, it wasn't the fact you got up, but the fact you quit making contact with him. He wondered to your gaze, which was currently locked behind your squinting eyelids.
Dancing around in utter happiness, you held the letter up in the air.
Levi let out a 'tch' making you completely aware that you were annoying him.

"What's this all about, brat?" He sat down the cup that was in his hand and peered to your tall stature above him, who was sitting down.
"It's a letter from Queen Historia! She told me she would send me one after being sworn in!" Your light giggles filled the room while Levi sat, stoic. "Well, open it."

You did so. Eyes scanning the letter, skimming over every cursive word. Her writing was so elegant.
Soon, your eyes dropped and the excitement fled your body. Levi noticed this sudden change and reached for your hand. "What is it, idiot?"
You nervously smiled and tucked the letter away. "Nothing! I- Hanji needs me for an experiment! I've got to go!" Fleeing, Levi questioned you- but your nerves got the best of you.

Running into Hanji's office, you sat down in the brown leather chair across from their own. Soon, she entered the room
"Why so gloomy?" They perked, sitting down. You sighed, nervously shaking with the letter between your hands.
You laid it down on their desk.
They picked it up and began to read it, eyes growing wider than you had expected, but softening soon. "Why do you seem so down? This is good!"

Your stomach knotted up, words jumbling around in your head. You couldn't just do it. It wasn't that easy. Yet, Hanji await a response.
"I-I don't want to leave him here.." You began, looking out of the beautiful window and onto the training field you had spent so much time at.

They sighed. "(Y/n), tell him. Tell him now, he won't be mad."
You huffed, taking the letter and wishing them a 'goodbye' before making your way to Levi's office. What would he say? would he get mad? Hurt you? No. Never that.
Finally coming to a stop at his doors, you frowned into the open space. This was a lot.

Knocking on the door, you pushed it open.
"Captain?" You rang, walking in
"I'm here, and alone (y/n). What is it?" He didn't break eye contact with his paper as you made your way to his desk, nervously tapping the side and subconsciously cursing yourself.
"About the letter," You began. His interest was peaked it seemed, his head lifted from its downward position and beautiful grey eyes now were attached to your own.

"-the queen asked me to be her royal guard. I would move into the estate with her and begin rooming next month.."
His eyes broke from yours and peered out the window, now. He seemed to have some emotion about him, until you felt the air tense, and his emotion quickly went away.
"I don't see how that concerns me." He states, coldly. "Levi I-" His hand swung out in front of you, stopping your words. Ceasing you. Halting you.

"That's Captain, Cadet (l/n)." At his harsh words, you froze. He hadn't called you that in months, maybe over a year. Ever since you helped him with nightmares and stayed by him while doing paper work.
Your eyes flooded momentarily, gaze meeting the wooden floor.
"I guess it doesn't, sir. I apologize."
----
1ST POV:

After that day I had decided to go. There was no attachment keeping me here, and I had said my final goodbyes to everyone I held dearly, and even those I didn't. All except one. Levi.
He had no idea I was leaving, nor did he care, it seemed- after that day. He hadn't been around much. Not even to dinner.
Walking up the stairs to his office, I sighed. Why was he so cold after all of this time? Maybe I saw things differently. Maybe the feelings I had were one-sided.