Ah-!. (Levi x Reader)

this is fluffffff!
----

Walking up the stairs, it's noticeably getting dark. I pick up my pace rather quick, finding myself soon to be outside of the Captains door.
Today is his 34th birthday and my first thought was to do nothing, because nobody ever did. Not a single gift or birthday party, but that seemed to be the way in which he enjoyed it the most.

I had been eyeing a book about different types of teas at a small boutique in town as of late, for about a week prior. This afternoon I went to retrieve said book.
Taking the carriage I returned swiftly and undetected.
I could hear Levi's pen monogramming the papers quickly, he was at this all day, marking our last mission. No wonder his hands hurt. Ever since I met him he's complained of small wrist pains, never too crazy, but to me- still concerning.

I knocked a small tap on the door, the paper-wrapped gift in my hands.
"Name and business?" He shot quick. "Uh, y/n, may I come in? My apologies."
From this I heard a sigh, "Yes."
I bounced up, hiding the book behind my back and creeping in. He was at his desk of course, not letting my presence break the pen from paper. I rolled my eyes knowing how hard this would be, just to do something nice.
In my thought he looked up to me, noticing the arm behind my back that had been tucked away.

"Cad- I mean, y/n, what is that you have?" He spoke softly, lying the pen down and looking a little frantic. Maybe he didn't like surprises. I'm not sure, we've only been close for about a month now.
I giggled, "Well, you know how it's your birthday; I got you a little something to show my appreciation."
He scoffed with a little 'tch', before giving a side eye of interest. I only laughed it off, lying the book down in from of him.
"I tied the paper down so you could easily open it without ripping it," I began slowly, "So- go ahead!"

He rolled his eyes at my excitement, but widened them a little once opening the wrapping. A leather back book that had beautiful carving, about tea. His favorite.
Levi looked up to me, and stood from his chair.
I flinched a little, expecting him to hit me upside the head or tell me I'm am idiot for participating in his birthday. I could say any of these happened, but I would be lying. Levi took me into a soft, warm embrace and squeezed my waist tightly, setting his head into the crook of my neck.

I gasped a little, but hugged back in a quick motion. He stood there for a long time, until taking my hand to lead me back into his bedroom. My palms were sweaty now, anticipating the things he had in mind.
"Don't get any ideas, brat." He abruptly broke my thought, taking my shoulders and sitting my down on the bed
I sat watching him remove his shoes, as I did mine.
Getting onto the bed, Levi came to me, softly touching my hand with his and lying his head into my lap. He curled his legs up under the blanket. I took the liberty to run my fingers through his locks, feeling each soft strand caress my hand. He sat calmly like this. I figured it was his thank you for the gift, so I asked no questions.

"Thank you, Cad- y/n. Thank you for the present, it means the world coming from you." He gifted me a soft thanks, to my surprise. I led my hand down to softly caress his face, "Of course, Captain. I-"
"Levi. Please, call me Levi." I nodded.
"Anytime, Levi."
We sat in silence for a while, the only sound being his small, nearly undetectable hum of pleasure from my petting his hair.
After about 30 minutes it seemed, he stood up, "Lie on your side." I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion, but did so anyways.

Soon it was, I felt warm, needy arms around my waist. The blanket laid softly over us as he dug his head into my chest, nuzzling ever so softly. I didn't say a word, aware he needed the rest. Aware that somehow, I needed this too. My biggest fear in life was falling in love, and I fell for someone just as scared as I.
How ironic.

----
UGH this was so cute to write. enjoy!
words: 760