Chapter 8

Lexa's POV

I always rouse on top. Nobody in my class could beat me. They had to bring in trained warriors for me. I would beat them too. I was unstoppable. People knew me everywhere. Everywhere I went people would ask me how I did it. Yet, here I was now, laying on the dusty floor, beat by the girl who caught my eye. After Costia died, love was never in my vocabulary. I stayed by Lincoln and Anya's friends for the past two years, not wanting to get close to anyone. Then she came along. Caught me by surprise as my every waking moment was thoughts of her. I let her knock me off my throne. I was distracted. And now, flushed. One because everyone was watching Lexa, the child prodigy, beaten in a fight by the new girl. Two, because Clarke just whispered babe in my ear. Babe?! Did this mean we were something? I didn't know what was on the drawing of me she did, but I knew it had to be a love note or something. I flushed more. I watched as Clarke got off of me, and extended her hand to me. I took it, standing up next to her. Indra ran over, shocked at Clarke.

"Clarke, how? Nobody has been able to beat her," Indra asked her. She shrugged.

"I guess she can't beat everyone." God she's hot.

"Lexa?" I shook my head to shake me out of my trance. Indra and Clarke were staring at me.

"Yes ma'am?"

"I want you to train with Clarke from now on." Oh no. Clarke is so distracting. The only thing I'm going to learn is the exact color or her eyes. I couldn't say that in front of her though, so I sighed.

"Okay."

"I think you two could both learn a lot from each other." Indra walks away and dismisses us. I look over at Clarke who looks over at me.

"Well well well, looks like I beat you," she said with a soft smirk. I blushed harder.

"Yeah well- next time I won't go so easy on you," I say, smirking as well. This time she's the one blushing.

"Y-yeah sure Lexa. I definitely beat you fair and square." I started walking ahead.

"You're very distracting," I muttered to myself.

"What was that?"

"NOTHING!" I ran out the door and into the main clearing. She ran up next to me.

"Well, I'll see you tonight," she said, awkwardly moving her hand near me, and then away. She ran after I stared at her confused. I smiled to myself. She was perfect.

***

I walked through the door to see Anya putting food on the table. She whipped around when the door opened.

"LEXA! CLARKE BEAT YOU." She fell on the couch, laughing so hard she was snorting.

"Shut up Anya," I muttered. She pointed at me.

"You have the hots for her."

"SHUT UP!" I grabbed a kitchen knife and threw it so it whizzed by her head. It hit the wall behind her. Her eyes widened and she looked at the knife.

"HEY YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO THROW KNIVES IN THE HOUSE." I jumped over the counter and ran outside as she chased after me.

***

Clarke's POV:

I walked in through the door. My mom started her new job today, so she wouldn't be home. I walked into my room, finding a bathing suit for the party. I laid it on the drawing of her and sat on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Did she really go easy on me? She couldn't have, I'm not that important. If she did, why for me? I had just met her, did she feel the same way? I was just Clarke, nothing special like her. I looked over at the bathing suit and drawing.

"For the sake of everything, please find me as perfect as I find you," I said to myself as I turned around, staring out the window.