Chapter 1

I move all the boxes into the tiny house for me and my mom. My mom moves all of her doctor equipment in behind her. I set the boxes down and laugh.

"Mom, if you get anymore doctor equipment, our house could turn into a hospital." My mom puts down her boxes.

"With the amount of times you get hurt, it already is." My mom and I have had a close relationship ever since my dad died last year. He was shot, and it's never really been the same since. We decided to move to get away from the memories. My mom looks at the boxes and places her hands on her hips.

"So what do you say? Food or unpacking." My stomach rumbles and I look at the boxes.

"Definitely food." She pulls out $20 from her pocket.

"Here, go to the market and get us some dinner. I'll start unpacking."

"Alright mom, I love you."

"I love you too Clarke." I walked out of the house and through the woods. As I walked, I felt the sensation that someone was watching me. I turned around, but no one was there.

"Hey dad," I snorted and continued walking. About a minute later, a twig snapped. I whipped around, throwing up my fists.

"Alright- WHO'S THERE. You do NOT want to face me." There was still no one there, and I rubbed my head.

"I really am going crazy," I muttered to myself and started running. As I reached the opening, I gasped. The market was full and busy of people. People trading and singing, and walking with their families. I looked and saw a seafood shop. I walked in, and a lady with olive skin and black hair looked at me.

"Hello darling, what can I get for you today."

"Um what do you recommend," I ask.

"I recommend saltwater fish, it's a favorite here." I nod, pulling out my $20.

"I'll take one. It's for me and my mom." I hand her the money and she hands me the fish.

"Have a nice day. Say, are you new around here? I've never seen you around." I nod.

"Yeah, I just moved here. Clarke Griffin." I extend my hand without the fish in it.

"Well my name is Sal, let me know if you need any help adjusting." I smiled and thanked her before leaving. The sun was dying down, so I knew I needed to get back before my mom got worried. I ran through the market and back into the woods. It was definitely more dark, and I couldn't really see where I was going.

"I should've brought a flashlight," I said to myself. As the sun continued to set, I got a little more uneasy. I held the fish close to me as I walked, making sure it stayed at least a little warm. Suddenly I heard russtling in the trees and looked up. A guy, about my age, jumped down from the trees. He had dark skin and was really tall. He looked at me and smiled.

"Hey blondie what's hanging." I dropped the fish and put up my fists. I was not going to die here.

Okay but Clarke X fish ammirite? Anyways here's chapter 1 I hope you enjoy!