𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. LOVE OR HOST (PT. 3)

Start from the beginning

Techno hesitated. "Well . . . actually, I did sign up, but Austin said he didn't want the winner to be decided before the show even began," he admitted.

Rory lowered his hands, staring at the screen. "Austin," he warned.

"Okay, okay, come on," Austin chided. "If Techno had shown up, the show would've ended where it started since you're such a simp for him, Rory. You know it's true." Rory wanted to argue, truly, but he knew Austin was right. "Besides, this is far more entertaining." Rory didn't know if he agreed with that, but to each their own. ". . . Tommy, you've been spamming me non-stop, ask your question," Austin sighed.

Tommy clapped his hands together. "POGCHAMP! Hey, Techno," he greeted. 

Techno sighed. "Hey, Tommy."

"Tell me, Big Man," Tommy said, and Rory could only imagine how this would go. "If you had been on the show, would you have chosen Love or Host?" he asked. Will let out a startled laugh. Eret raised his eyebrows, looking mildly surprised by the question.

"I— . . . that's for me to know and you to never find out, Tommy," Techno stated, his voice almost strained. Tommy coughed, clearing his throat.

"Right, right, okay. Yeah. Moving on, let's— I have a different question. Are you willing to adopt another pet besides your dog? Maybe a cat?" he asked.

Rory could almost see Techno's puzzled frown. "Uh, I— I guess? If Floof got along with the cat, then sure, I guess? I don't really know why you're askin' me this, Tommy."

"Oh, you know, just thinking about things," Tommy said way too casually. "I'm done, Austin, you can move on," he added.

"Great, thanks for the questions, Tommy. Dream, Eret, Wilbur, do any of you have something to ask?" Austin prompted. Eret shook his head head as Dream declined. "Wilbur, anything else you want to ask?"

"Hmm," Will mused. "Techno, do you think Eret should win?"

". . . Yes."

"Why?" Austin asked.

". . . He just should," Techno said. "Not really any specific reasoning."

Seeing that the conversation was beginning to run dry, Austin quickly moved on. "Alright! Thank you so much for stopping by, Technoblade. You can stay in the call if you want, just on mute, or do whatever! Now it's time to get to the dates, where Rory is going to have the opportunity to get to know Dream and Eret a little more privately," he explained. Techno, Tommy, and Will bid their goodbyes before either exiting the call or going on mute, but all three were still most likely watching the stream.

Rory sighed, glancing up at the ceiling. "This is going to be so fun," he said, trying his best not to sound sarcastic.

Ignoring his quip, Austin continued. "Rory, I will allow you two minutes and thirty seconds per contestant on a one-on-one date. I will be listening, but I won't be there to guide the conversation in any way. It will be up to you and your date to guide the conversation. It'll be you, your date, me . . . and ninety-eight thousand people," Austin revealed. Rory almost gasped at that number. "Rory, are you ready?"

". . . Ready Player One," he muttered, trying to get over his nerves. 98 thousand?

"Alright. Dream, Eret, who would like to go first?"