Chapter 13

I opened my eyes and rolled onto my back, when I noticed a person lying next to me. I was a little confused, since I would not have expected Daehyun to just come to me after what had happened yesterday, but when I turned my head, it was not him lying next to me.

It was Junhong.

Immediately I sat up, staring at the boy next to me. He was in the process of waking up as well, rubbing his eyes, yawning.

"Good morning JaeJae" he mumbled and grinned. It was only then that I noticed neither of us was wearing a tshirt.

"W-what... What are you doing here?" I stuttered, still frozen in shock. What on earth had happened?

"What do you mean?" He laughed lightly. "Were you really that drunk last night?"

"I... can't remember how you got here... What happened?"

"You really don't remember anything?" He now sounded a little hurt. "Well... you came to our room again... you said you were lonely because Daehyun was gone again and Yongguk was already asleep, so we went to your room... We, um... I- I guess you could say this is exactly what it looks like."

I was speechless. I could do nothing but sit there and stare at him. How could I let this happen? Had Daehyun seen something? I looked over to his bed. It was empty, the blanket lying messily on the floor. This didn't look good. I had to find him. Slowly, I got up. My legs were shaking as I got into my pants.

"I'm sorry." I said, "I don't know how this could happen. Please just... Just forget about it."

I stumbled towards the door, opened it and almost bumped into Daehyun, who was looking at me with empty, emotionless eyes. At this moment, I hear Junhong speak.

"You were the one who started this though. You said you loved me."

My thoughts suddenly stopped. Daehyun raised his head and looked me in the eyes. I felt like for the first time in ages, I could see right through them. There was so much deeply hidden pain in his look, my heart started aching so bad I thought it was about to stop beating.

"Daehyun... I-"

Before I could say another word, Daehyun turned around and quickly walked down the hall.

"Dae, please..." I said, running after him. But he started running as well, the increasing the distance more and more. I felt how I started crying. I had to reach him. I could not lose him. Not again. I needed him so badly. Once again, I called his name. Then, he suddenly stood in front of me. The look in his eyes had changed. It was cold in a way I had never seen on him before.

"I thought I could trust you" he whispered. "I thought we'd stay together no matter what. You promised."

I stood there and could not get out a single word. I had no idea what was happening, and the look in his eyes scared me.

He came closer. "You're gonna regret this."

I took a few steps backwards, but then my back met the wall. Daehyun had followed me and raised his hand to caress my neck with his fingers. "I've always loved you. I'm sorry I have to do this."

Then, his fingers wrapped around my throat. Immediately, I tried to push his hand away, but he was stronger. Slowly, I felt how my consciousness faded. Weird dark spots appeared in my vision. My heart was racing, as my arms slowly lost strength. I could not fight him anymore. It was over.