Chapter two

Chapter two- I- for introducing

As I stepped out of my car, I slipped my keys into my pocket and adjusted my shirt so that it was neat and presentable.

My footsteps echoed down the pristine hallway that smelled of forest and lemons, it was a calming scent. As I went to open the office door it swung open, hitting me in the face and knocking me onto the floor.

I let out a groan as I peeled myself up off the floor. "Sorry," I muttered.

"It's about time you apologized", a sharp tongued girl snarled, her eyes narrowing to slits on me. I cast my eyes on the ground but slipped past her and into the office. A hand clasped my arm and jerked me back, the tall brunette lowered her face closely to mine. She smelt of cheap perfume.

"It's good you don't talk back to me, maybe I will keep you around", she scoffed. I was momentarily confused by her words, but I got the message when she gave me a sickly sweet smile and shoved her name tag in my face. "Ashley B.", the principals daughter.

As soon as she left I let out a breath of air. I didn't want any drama on the first day of school. Especially when I was trying to keep a low profile.

I walked to the desk and slid the young lady a piece of paper that had my registration on it.

She glanced up at me with stunning brown eyes. Her red hair was pinned so tightly to her scalp that you couldn't see a single strand out of place. Her sharp nose wrinkled as she smiled up at me, revealing dimples that I wish I had.

"Hello, Mrs. Joscelyn ", she pursed her lips and slipped me a firm white piece of paper with words scribbled across it. "We will enjoy having you here", she said politely. My eyes widened in shock. I gave a slight nod of the head before leaving the room.

I was puzzled by the niceness she had shown me. Everyone in this community knows, or thinks, that I killed my parents. Niceness wasn't a common thing. I guess for once in my life I was spared with slight luck.

I soundlessly walked to room 402. By the time I reached there I had waisted five minutes pacing in front of the door. I could feel the sweat on my palms and quickly wiped them on my jeans.

"Come on, you can do this," I half heartedly told myself as I took a deep breath and knocked twice. The door opened and an older lady looked at me rather odd.

"Can I help you... human", she asked loudly, making me blush. Numerous whispers came from the other side of the door.

"Actually, I'm a new student here", I explained quietly.

"Ahh yeah, we'll don't just stand there come in", she said dully. I shuffled in and cleared my throat as she shut the door swiftly behind me. It shut with a loud click.

"Sit down Mrs. Joscelyn", she ordered with a sharp voice, clicking her pen in her hand repeatedly. People gasped and murmured as I crossed their aisles.

I saw the girl from earlier, Ashley, and she smiled evily at me. "come sit over here", she said in a sickly sweet voice. I slowly slid into the chair next to her. I remained silent but whispers drifted into my ear constantly.

"I cannot believe she is in this class"

"dude she murdered her parents!"

"she is insane...eww why is she here",

"shouldn't she be in an insane asylum or a jail cell",

"she makes me sick",

But the last one made tears come to my eyes.

"I doubt her parents even loved her", I turned my head to see a handsome boy. His dark hair framed his face as a cat like grin spread across his jaw, his blue eyes twinkling in humor . Slowly his head turned my direction, and his eyes met mine. The world froze, insults slowly racking my brain as this random boys hurtful words slashed my heart. He grinned devilishly at me and I snapped my head to the front of the room.

My heart raced in my chest as blood pounded in my ears. I forced the insults away and told myself repeatedly the same words I have been living on for the past 2 years.

"I'm innocent."

But when I told myself this my eyes clouded over with the image of the dark silhouette of a man with piercing red eyes. The V on my back began to tingle furiously.

It was all just a mistake.