Innocent Words

I shrunk back into the leather seat of my car, pulling my bookbag closer to my chest.

It's my first day at Oakland High. You can say that I'm pretty nervous, but for a different reason than most of the other "new" students.

It isn't because I don't know anyone, or that I'm worried about making friends. Perhaps being the new kid seems a bit overrated to me anyways. See, I'm worried because this is where I'll find my mate. For life.

Oakland High is where all young unmated and mated werewolves go. It's the starting point to the rest of our lives!

But back to my problem, there's only one... I'm human. And I'm accused of murdering my parents.

When I was younger, a terrible accident happened at my home. Many will get the tale wrong, but I know exactly what happened. That fateful night, I awoke from my sleep, driven by some unknown  force. I looked at my window and there was a man gazing right at me. He was handsome, dark black midnight hair and stunning red eyes. His eyes taunted me, making me walk to the window. He stood staring at me for awhile, not moving, not blinking, not even making a sound. "Pet, let me in", he finally whispered. His velvety smooth voice drifted through the window and as soon as the melody struck my ears my hands reached for the window seal. I remember pulling it open and him swiftly climbing inside my room. A pale hand touched my arm and as soon as his skin made contact with mine an electric current zapped through my body. He smiled lightly at me, his pearl white teeth glistening in the darkness. Suddenly a piercing pain shot down my back and I let out an bone shattering scream. I collapsed to the floor. The last thing I remember is the red eyes staring at me intently before disappearing, followed by the awful screams of my parents echoing from down the hallway.

When I awoke sirens wailed loudly, my shoulder stung with fierceness and footsteps thundered down the hallway. The door burst open and soon the alpha, followed by several other important people, rushed into the room. They froze, looking at me intesily before I was roughly pulled up by a crazed looking man.

"You did this", he spat in my face, his eyes filled with rage. My eyes widened and I squirmed, trying to get out of his grasp. "Let her go", a deep voice bellowed, the hand immediately released and I toppled to the ground.

"Get up child", he ordered and I dragged my feet to pull myself up. I weakly looked the handsome older man in his golden eyes as he studied me.

"Your parents are dead, your brother gone and you are the only one left...what do you have to say for yourself", he asked in a calm voice.

"I didnt do it", I whispered.

------------------------------

That night I was accused of murder.
I was sent to live with my grandparents in a small house bordering the territory line. I was as far from the community as I could get without stepping onto enemy lines. But still, my grandparents and I feared the chance of rouges attacking us every day and night. It was a constant bother.

That night I also found a strange mark on my back. In the shape of a cursive V , a black ink stain was entangled in the skin in my lower back. I had no idea what it was, but every time I touched it my back would throb, and my heart... as if something was missing.

I stayed in my grandparents house, staying away from all social life until this very day, when they made me go to Oakland school.

--------------------

I hope you enjoyed chapter one!! I have a great idea for this book!!!!