26. Blind Man's Bluff

Songs:
Plastic Heart - Nostalghia, Tyler Bates, Joel J. Richard (p.s. i love john wick)
Lana Del Rey - God Knows I've Tried

PRE-NOTE: thank you, everyone, for your patience. i'm so glad you're all enjoying my works and through this long period of empty promises for updates. I've been writing when i can. p.s. if you haven't seen it, someone made a tiktok trailer for this fic :,^) it's the first trailer for any of my works and i love it. check my message board for the link !!

"Boss says we should take another trip to Paris, he thinks we missed things the first time." Liam is sitting on the corner of Harry's desk, the office buzzing around them. He skims through a thin folder, 'La Reine, Louis' printed at the corner. "Maybe we'll find a lead on his whereabouts."

He looks up when Harry doesn't reply. The man is slouched over, repeatedly dipping a tea bag in his water-filled mug.

"Harry,"

The man whips his head around, "Sorry, what did you say?"

"What's up with you lately?"

Harry's dark eyebrows knot, a frown etched on his lips.

"It doesn't take a genius to know that you're not your usual self. You're either on edge or completely out of it. And you've got another bruise on your cheek. Is something bothering you? Or someone?" Liam adds. He refrains from speaking of the specific criminal who brought Harry to Los Angeles in the first place. The faceless person who slipped from Harry's grasp, turning every corner and getting lost in the fog. After all, that person was last reported years ago in New York, not around here.

Harry's hand cups his face, looking away. "Yeah, I tripped—hit myself on a doorknob."

Liam winces. "You've got be more careful," He advises, knowing of their boss' concerns for the young man. "You can talk to me about anything. Of course, we're co-workers, partners, but before that we're friends."

It's quiet between them for a few minutes. The muted sound of telephones ringing, keyboard clicks and chatter flow easily and break whatever tension has risen. Liam focuses on the file. He's read it about a hundred times and could recite it word for word, but he still hopes that a new piece of information will pop up between the pages.

Harry's Outfit: Gucci suit, photo credits to the rightful owner.

Harry's chair squeaks as he moves and unbuttons the top of his pink shirt

Harry's chair squeaks as he moves and unbuttons the top of his pink shirt. He scratches his beard, "Paris, huh?"

"Yeah, we'll get in touch with the officials there and see if they've come up with anything."

"When would we go?"

"Are you still jetlagged?"

Harry shrugs, rubbing the back of his neck with a wince. "Not really, it's been a few days anyway." Nearly a week after the trip to New York and Harry has been balancing matters of Nine Lives, training and his professional career like a champ. "But I'll be heading back in a bit, my mom needs help moving some furniture and she wants to celebrate my birthday."