19. Silver lining.

pre-note: a lot happens. lol. good luck :^)

Song: Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine?

"Where the fuck are you?"

"I'm not telling you if you keep talking to me like that."

Harry was pissed, he spent days in Paris with Liam and looking over the smallest leads for any pointers about Louis' travel destination. He played stupid for a week straight, pretending he had no clue about La Reine. Harry hoped Liam still didn't know about his previous stay in the city, Harry tried to be careful about the places they visited and stayed clear of any locations he went with Louis.

All he wanted was Louis to be lying on his bed but his home was void of any living souls. The fruits on his counter lost their vibrancy and a few fruit flies were surrounding it. He was fucking mad and he needed relief, and his outlet was not in his bedroom as promised.

"Harry, I told you to be careful," Louis' voice is heated. "I told you, and you didn't listen."

"I was careful." Harry furrows his brows. He watched over his words and every action of his. He kept his head low and features hidden just in case anyone recognized him.

"I do not have time for this, Harry." Louis sounds exhausted, his voice lacking the light tone it carried whenever he spoke with Harry. "I'm trying to handle Aria and his men from the party, and now I catch word of my partner roaming the streets of Paris with a man who is clearly identified as a well-known agent from Los Angeles."

"Louis," Harry is speechless.

"You're lucky they were a small gang, and won't be missed. They had barely made it on the police's radar." Louis tsks. "They left this world as they came in, nothing." There is a raw annoyance in Louis' tone.

"How small is small?" Harry gulps.

"Only fifty-eight."

Harry grows weak and crumbles into his bed. The cold sheets are uncomfortable on his skin and the dull smell of them doesn't calm him down. His chest aches terribly and his eyes water. The dread suffocates him.

Louis continues. "And because they're gone, I have lost my connections to their territories. They were obedient and now their bodies are at the bottom of the Bay of Biscay." Louis' tone is sharp, Harry almost whimpers. "Currently, I'm searching for associates with the same skill and willingness to be one of my trusted partners."

Harry felt stupid. He tried to hide his face, Liam even wondered why he wore a scarf, hat and sunglasses everywhere they went. It must've not been enough to conceal his identity, and now, almost sixty people were dead and Louis was pissed at him.

"I'm sorry, Foxglove, I'm so sorry." Harry just wants to hold Louis and cry because people were dead, and it was his fault. They were criminals, but they were people who had lives to live, and it was all cut short.

Louis puffs out a deep breath. "Let's hope I can find a gang before some assholes get out of hand." There will be riots without La Puissance's enforced name in the streets, underdog groups will come out of hiding and try to take over before Louis returns.

"I feel sick," Harry tries to calm down, his throat is tightening up and his head is pounding. "I need to see you, tell me where you are."

"No." Louis hisses. "You will not try to find me. You will see me when I want to see you and it will not be anytime soon."

"I said I'm sorry." Harry curls into his bed, clenching his phone tight in his hands. "Louis, it's been too long, please." He knows he sounds pathetic, but he was.