The fake blonde recovers easily and she regains the step she'd taken back with a cruel curl of lip. "Pack your shit up, McKenna." She scoffs with an intense eye roll. "The trash has to take itself out."

Kenna stomps forward, her dark blonde hair whipping like lightning around her cheeks as she glowers darkly at the girl. I worry she might resort to blows. I don't know how to tell her that I don't think I can take a whole group of sorority girls in a fight. They look pretty damn vicious.

In an attempt to soothe the crackling air of Kappa Kappa Alpha, I clear my throat and remark, "I don't have anything against blondes personally."

Kenna throws me a glare at that, as if to say, Whose side are you on?

I shrug.

Neon Pink Tube Top seems to take this as a personal win because she winks at me.

Kenna makes a retching sound.

I don't return the wink, partly because I wasn't here for that, partly because Kenna could murder me with the gold strung anklet around her ankle if she wanted to.

Kenna rolls her eyes, tosses a glare at Neon Pink Tube Top, flips off the girls behind her, and turns on her heel. She doesn't look back at me. "Follow me, Shankar."

And she marches on past the girls, up the staircase of the house as if she owned the place and was not currently being kicked out of it.

I exhale and shoot a playful wink back at Neon Pink Tube Top before dutifully trailing after Kenna. This time, I get a glare in return. It doesn't cut half as sharply as Mira Zahed's.

I climb the stairwell, following Kenna, to find a light pink painted room that looked like a whirlwind had ripped through it. Kenna flops miserably onto an unmade bed, half of the sheet shoved into a box similar to the one in my arms, half still on the bed. She rolls her eyes up at the ceiling.

"Fucking Jessica," she growls.

Ah, Jessica.

I kick a box on the floor. "Was she the one—?"

Kenna shoots up, eyes wide. "Hell no!" She wrinkles her nose. Then, she shudders. "Never. Not fucking Jessica."

I shrug and set down the box. "Listen, all I know is you fucked your sorority sister and now you're getting tossed out on the street."

A grin carves her lips at that. "When you put it like that," she mused, "it does sound pretty fucking legendary."

I lean my hip against her dresser and cross my arms. "Aside from the whole getting tossed out on your ass part."

Kenna shakes her head. "No, that's the best part. This place is fucking awful." She scowls and once again murmurs, "Fucking Jessica."

"Jessica is kinda hot though," I comment if only to see her reaction.

I fully expect the fluffy pillow that is thrown at me, dodging it easily. It even falls right into a box. Kenna grins at this.

"See?" She chirps, sitting up and crossing her legs excitedly on her mess of a bed. "I'll fit right in with you and the boys. I can shoot hoops—," A grin, "and I can say I've fucked someone from Kappa Kappa Alpha. It's meant to be."