First Day Not So Bad After All

"So uhm, what class do you have next?" Mikey asked as we began out the door of second period.

"Art, with Mr. Anders, what about you?" We now stood beside the wall in the hallway.

"I have..." He took a moment to find the class on his paper, "Damn, I got photography. I think the rooms are close to each other though." He peered over at my schedule, I did the same with his.

"Oh yeah, they're right next to each other."

"Cool, c'mon I know where the art room is. It's outside." We walked side by side through the halls, down the stairs, through a hallway, outside, down a small path to another set of rooms where we finally, made it to the classrooms.

"Here we are! Art and photography," He spoke, standing outside, "See ya afterwards..."

"Yeah, see ya," I waved before walking inside.

The walls were completely covered in art while the counters held different sculptures and things. Quietly, I took a seat in the back whilst the desk right beside mine remained empty. A few other students entered the classroom that I didn't recognize at all, until Gerard walked in.

"Y/n, you're in this class?" I nodded as he stepped to me, "Cool, I'm the T.A."

"Oh nice," I sent a friendly smile.

"Uhuh, I spent basically my whole freshmen year in this class so I know where everything is and all that. I can show you n' all."

"Mkay, thank you." He nodded and took a seat at another desk as the bell rang. The teacher gave the same, boring, first day of school speech as any other teacher would. He explained where everything was, rules of the classroom, and all that stuff.

"Now that I've answered questions and everything, I'll call on someone to say their name and something about themselves, okay..."

Shit... I hate these... what am I gonna say!? I'm not exactly interesting... what even is something about me!? What is a something!? Ah! This is scary... fuck... uhm... hi my name is Y/n and I like to draw... yeah... I'll do that... no that's so lame! Fuck!

"Y/n..." The teacher called. Shit...

"Hi, my name is Y/n, and I like to draw." I spoke somewhat quietly. That was terrible! I hope he doesn't make me repeat it... ugh...

"Good," He said a few more names until he got to Gerard, who, as the teacher's assistant, was last, "Gerard?"

"Hi, my name is Gerard, and I'm your T.A." Wow... I feel a little better about mine now... his was really lame...

Class ended, so as always, I stood up and grabbed my backpack. As I began to leave, Gerard came over. He held a strange look on his face.

"Hey Y/n?" I hummed, "Have we like, met before or something? I dunno, you just seem sorta, familiar."

"Uh, yeah actually. Me and Mikey were friends in elementary school, but I doubt he remembers." As I spoke, Gerard's eyes went wide.

"Holy shit, you're that Y/n!? We thought you moved!"

"Nah, I just, went to the other middle school." I giggled.

"Wow," He chuckled, "Does Mikey know!?"

"I don't think so." He hummed.

"Cool, don't say anything about it. I wanna see how long it takes him." I smiled.

"Alright..." I spoke as we left the classroom. Mikey stood against the wall in between the photography and art room.

"Hey," He greeted, stepping away from the wall.