The Queen Is Dead

After school Mikey and I laid together in his bed. He held me close as we talked about random things. The other boys were downstairs doing god knows what.

"...but you do listen to The Smiths, right?" Mikey asked.

"I mean, I've listened to a few of their songs. I've never really gotten into them."

"What!? You don't listen to The Smiths!?" He cried, I shook my head, "How!? How!? They're so good!"

"I dunno, never got around to them, I guess."

"That's it, we're listening to them right now!"

"Alright..." I giggled. He got up, taking the warmth with him.

"Okay, so, this album is really good," He grabbed a cd from a stack on his nightstand. I laid on my side so I could see it, "The Queen Is Dead." I took the cd from his hands and just gazed at the cover of what appeared to be a person on the floor in formal clothes, most likely dead. The colors were dark with the name of the album and band in a soft pink.

"Isn't Morrissey like, a huge racist? Or something?"

"Yeah, but I already bought the cd. His music is amazing, but he's like, an asshole."

"It's weird how that happens. Some of the worst people out there can create such beautiful art." He sat down beside me on the bed, leaning his back on the wall behind his pillows. I did the same.

"Maybe there's some, lame deep reasoning to it." I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, maybe," I spoke, "But of course, not all famous people are like that." He nodded, somewhat awkwardly wrapping his broken arm around my waist. Silently we sat together, listening to the pretty tones of The Smiths.

Then, suddenly, the door burst open. I immediately jumped away from Mikey, acting as if nothing happened. Gerard stood there.

"Are you guys listening to The Smiths!? Without me!?" He angrily cried.

"Yes." Mikey answered. Gerard looked so offended. I almost believed he really was.

"Mikey, how could you do this to me!?"

"You have your own copy, you can listen to it whenever."

"Eh, but I like bothering you." He climbed onto the bed, sitting with his back against the window. Mikey sent me an apologetic look, I sent back a reassuring smile.

"Gerard? Where- are you guys listening to The Smiths!?" Ray and Frank had found us.

"Yes." Mikey answered.

"Can we join you?" Ray asked.

"I guess..." Mikey said. They did just that, sitting beside Gerard. Ugh... this is so lame... I wanna hold Mikey...

"This is such a good album," Gerard said, "Probably one of my favorites."

"Yeah me too." Ray spoke.

"Do you like The Smiths, Y/n?" Gerard asked.

"I haven't listened to them much so I don't really have an opinion."

"What!?" Gerard cried.

"How!?" Said Frank. I just shrugged.