Strange Room

"It has a nice ring to it" I said quietly. He just smiled. He seemed like a quiet guy and I liked that. I started to lean back but stopped. What if he didn't want me to touch him? I glanced questionably back at him. He gently lowered me back against his chest. "Sleep" was all I heard before exhaustion overcame me.

I heard voices and rubbed my eyes to open them. Looking around I saw I was in a bed. 'Who put me here? I know I fell asleep on the couch. And where was Jasper?' My breathing picked up pace as I started to dig at my left forearm.

I just sat there fidgeting. Someone would figure out I was awake.

After five minutes I heard the door open. Turning to look at where the sound came from, I saw him leaning in the door way. "Have a good rest?" He asked. I nodded.

"How did I get in here? Whose room is it?"

"It's my room. I carried you up after you fell asleep. You were exhausted. I thought you would want to rest before we talked. Plus you were sleeping in the forest weren't you?" I shook my head.

"No. I didn't sleep in the forest. I was always doing a patrol." He quirked his eyebrow.

"Your quiet yet you can be such a smartass. I don't know why but I find it highly amusing," he chuckled before continuing, "how long have you gone with out sleep? Have you even eaten?"

"It's been about four days maybe more. I lost count." I replied.

"You will get plenty of sleep here. You'll never have to worry about that.
You can sleep in here. You seemed comfortable enough in my bed." he winked. "But you still have not answered my other question. Have you eaten?" I shook my head no. "How long since you last ate?" I looked down at the ground.

"About a week." I answered quietly. I felt my chin being gently lifted.

"Let's go to the kitchen. I'll make you something to eat and we can talk. After that you can take a shower if you want and go back to sleep. Ok?" I smiled and nodded.

I wiped invisible dust off my jeans as I stood. My black boots hit the floor with a thud before I turn around and slip off my jacket. Him, being such a gentleman, offered his arm to me and I took it as he lead me down to the kitchen.