Two Kinds Of Pain

I kept my head low as I followed behind the Major to the house. I felt the need to be submissive in that moment. I felt as though I was unequal and, therefore, I should fall back and allow him the lead.

The Major suddenly stopped in his tracks. "Here. Now." He demanded as he pointed to the ground directly beside him. "You are my equal and I want ya ta act like it. No more followin' behind me. I want ya by my side!" He snapped as he glared at me.

I rushed to his side, feeling two different types of pain. The first, emotional. I remembered when my foster parents would snap at me and glare. I remembered when they would yell and leave bruises. It made me want to cower in fear.

The second, physical pain. I felt it slowly come on, getting stronger each passing second. I slammed my eyes shut when I felt the thick liquid rise underneath my lids as a scene flashed in my mind.

I clenched my head in my hands as I watched a dark haired man give orders to a small group of werecats. A pride of lions. In the forest. It looked like Forks. And a house. The Cullen's house. A white haired girl covered in blood. Me. The dark haired man circling me, taunting me it seemed. The Major attacking the man and...my heart slowing down.

I fell to my knees as the blood poured from my eyes the way it did every time I had a vision. My foster grandmother, Adela, had called it a gift with a curse. She was the only one who showed me kindness and I missed her horribly.

I felt the Major pick me up and run. My senses were heightened as per normal in this situation and I smelled and heard everything. I smelled the rain from the next town over and I heard the dear 5 miles back.

I took slow, deep breaths to calm myself and slow my rapidly beating heart.

I then felt myself being put on something soft and fluffy. It smelled of Jasper so I assumed it was his bed.

I curled up into a small ball, protecting myself in my vulnerable state. I sensed three people in the room at the moment and it wasn't helping my anxiety, even though I knew exactly who they were. Major, Peter, and Char were the only ones in the room. I trusted them whole heartedly, but this was a force of habit for me.

When the Majors hands tried to uncurl me from my fetal position, I curled in tighter and smashed my face to my knees.

"Darlin', come on now. Just me." The Major said softly as he lightly rubbed my back. I tensed at his action, waiting for a painful blow. I didn't tense because I thought the Major or Jasper would hit me, but because my step-father did.

I eased up and slightly unfolded from my position, only to curl into him instead. I felt something damp, a rag, being placed against my eyes.

"It's okay darlin', no ones gonna hurt ya. I'm here." He whispered as he wiped all traces of blood from my eyes.
"Look at me darlin'."

I silently obeyed. I knew what was coming. "I need ya ta explain some things ta me."