Lightweight

A/N - Hi guys! I'd suggest you read the Authors Note that was posted previous to this chapter to help gain an understanding of certain aspects of this story. Please vote & comment! Much love, S.

Lou Chan walked into the garage at the Foster’s house where the band she was a part of, Someone’s Little Sister, usually practiced. Lou was excited for the practice as it was just her and Brandon. She tended to have a thing for guys in bands, but Brandon was different then all of them. He was well put together and her feelings for him caused her to dig into her softer side that hasn’t been brought up in years. Years ago, when Lou was ten years old, she lost her mother to a car crash. Lou and her father were in the car with her mom during the accident, and Lou was distracting her mother when the accident took place. Due to this, her father has held a grudge over her for the past years and blamed her for the death. Ever since then, she put on a straight face and tried to be a motherly figure to her brother as he struggled to cope with the loss. From being through so much at a young age, Lou tended to shut off her emotions so she didn’t have to feel any of her pain. On the downside, this caused her to become numb to all of her emotions. She didn’t necessarily have a strong and stable parental figure to take care of her as her father struggled with being an alcoholic, so she learned from a young age how to fend for herself. She spent most of her time out of the house to avoid her dad. Her and her brother slash bandmate, Mat, usually crashed with someone from whichever band they were in at the time.

                She rushed into the room and placed her bag in the corner. “Sorry I’m late,” she apologized to Brandon.

                “You’re always late. This would be considered early to you,” Brandon joked. Lou’s face broke out in a large smile before she turned around and saw Mat and Mariana sitting in the corner of the room.

                “Uh, what are you guys doing here? Wouldn’t you rather be making out in Mariana’s room?” Lou joked, teasing Mat about his relationship with Brandon’s youngest sister, Mariana.

                “Brandon asked us to listen in for a song. And very funny, L,” Mat replied.

                “Did you bring any pot brownies for us at least?” she asked Mat while setting up the microphone on Brandon’s keyboard.

                “Pot brownies?” Mariana exclaimed, her eyes going wide. “Is that why you were all messed up that one day when Lena brought you home from your band practise?”

                “Yes. Don’t take after your brother, Mariana. It is not fun,” Brandon replied. “Can we start our practise now? Our gig is tomorrow and we really need to get everything ready.”

                “Sure. Which song are we performing for Mat and Mariana?” Lou asked.

                “I think we should do crossfire. We need to make sure we get our harmonies perfect on that one,” Brandon suggested, turning on his keyboard. Lou nodded and turned towards Brandon. They both began to sing.

                “Wait for it, wait for it

                here it comes, like a cannon sounding

                but you can’t break from the crowd

                you bent to the desire;

                caught in the crossfire

                here it comes, you try to outrun