2

CHAPTER 2𝖇𝖞𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖎𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖇𝖔𝖞

CHAPTER 2
𝖇𝖞𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖎𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖇𝖔𝖞

TIME FLIES WHEN YOU'RE TALKING to a beautiful boy. I turn back to Timothée, with an awkward smile. “Speaking of which, it’s about time I leave to go get ready.” His expression faltered. I had a good time with him too, even if I didn’t finish my food like I usually did. I’ll forgive him for that, just once. The leaving part was inevitable - if not today, then 4 days later when I leave the state for the next tour date.

“Oh, um, uh-” Timothée for once, didn’t know what to say. I filled in the gap by flagging Del down and asking for a to-go box. He came over with wide eyes - he couldn’t believe it either.

“I almost thought you were jokin' when you asked for one of these, you always finish,” the older man dramatically gasps as he drops two styrofoam boxes on the counter space between us. He peers at Timothée and gives him a playful glare with a wink. “I blame this on you, kid.”

Timothée seems to be a returning customer, but not completely a regular. He shrugs and gives an awkward smile. “I didn’t mean to…”

A chuckle comes from behind Del. Rich is emerging from the kitchen with another order. “Del’s just messin’ with you.”

I shake my head at the two brothers. They’ve really become uncle-esque figures to me in the last few years. Much more supportive uncles than the ones I have back home. I thank Del and start to dump the rest of my pickle fries in the box. They’re going to be a bit soggy in a few hours, but I don’t mind. Timothee does the same, even though he’s eaten 10% of his meal. He just started eating, he has to leave soon too?

“You’re leaving already? You’ve barely started eating,” I furrow my brows at him. His cheeks tint pink in return, pausing his task. 

“Oh yeah, I uh...I was wondering if I could walk you to where you need to go?” He ran a nervous hand through his hair before looking at me again.

Oh.

“Um…”

Out of all the possible answers he could’ve come up with, this was the least expected. I was definitely at a loss for words as I tried to decide if he could or not. On one hand, he’s a really cute guy that was being polite...but this could also be his tactic to kidnap me or something. He looks like he could barely carry me though, and I’m confident that my upper body strength from my profession will end him. 

I was definitely silent for too long because he sighed and blushed even harder.

“Look, it’s totally okay if you’re uncomfortable with it. I know it’s weird, I’m sorry for saying that,” he broke eye contact with me and bit his lip. Damn him.

My commute to the theater was only a few blocks away, on busy enough streets that I would be seen if he tried something. Would others care? I hope they do.