𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴

Start from the beginning

"hana!" zuko threw his hands up annoyed.

"i told him not to!" she defended herself.

the two teens looked to iroh who was calmly scratching himself with a branch. zuko looked at her with wide eyes, obviously pissed off. hana shrugged in response, not knowing how to respond.

iroh got up and continued to scratch, "when the rash spreads to my throat, i will stop breathing. but looked what i found!" he stopped thing himself to reveal berries from the branch he was using. "these are bacui berries, known to cure the poison of the white jade plant. that, or macahoni berries that cause blindness."

"no! no! no! no!" she snatched the berries from his hand.

zuko began to lose his patience, "we're not taking any more chances with these plants! we need to get help."

"but where are we going to go? we're enemies of the earth kingdom, and fugitives from the fire nation," he asked.

"if the earth kingdom discovers us, you'll be killed and i'll be jailed," hana told them.

"but if the fire nation discovers us, we'll be turned over to azula," zuko said.

iroh thought for a moment, "earth kingdom it is."

the three of them nod in agreement and began to pack up. they quickly packed up and let. they decided the only way to get help was to get to a village and find a healer.

it took a while and a lot of complaints from an itchy iroh but they made it to one. a woman took care of them. she took them in and began to help iroh.

hana and zuko sat next to each other as they watched her apply clay to his rashes.

"you three must not be from around here. we know better than to touch the white jade, much less make it into tea and drink it," she acknowledged their stupidity.

iroh laughed sheepishly, "whoops!"

"so where are you traveling from?" she asked them.

zuko got up abruptly, "yes, we're travelers."

"do you have names?"

"names? of course we have names. i'm... lee. and this is my uncle, uh... mushi. and that's my friend-" he turned to hana to answer.

"i'm yun, nice to meet you!" she smiled.

hana decided to use her mother's name. it was a beautiful name.

"i knew a yun once, she was a good woman," she nodded thinking about her.

was?

iroh shot zuko an unhappy look, "yes, but my nephew was named after his father, so we just call him junior."

zuko scowled in response.

she smiled, "mushi, junior, and yun, huh? my name is song. you three look like you could use a good meal." she swatted irohs hand as he tried to itch himself, "why don't you stay for dinner?"

"sorry, but we need to be moving on" zuko declined the offer.

"zuko, stop being so rude!" she nudged him.

she seemed a bit disappointed, "that's too bad. my mom always makes too much roast duck."

iroh immeaditly perked up and accepted the offer, "where do you live exactly?"

after she was done treating iroh she led them to her house. it was dark when they arrived and song's mother had just finished preparing dinner.

when they entered her house hana noticed a hanging necklace. she recognized it, but she didn't know where she recognized it from. she stared at it for a while trying to place it.