1 Step Foward And Three Steps Back

6 days later, Hailey was doing alot better. She hadn't even thought about how or when she was going to get her next drug hook up, or what her next drink was going to be. She hadn't been to the district or Mollys; as she tried her hardest to stay away from temptations, and the pressure of facing the burden of all her old friends. Jay had made a particular effort to make Hailey feel safe and warm...not hated and rejected. Voight had popped around once, but wasn't all to convinced about Hailey and her progress. He knew she was always amazing at under cover, so couldn't quite tell if she was playing him and Jay or not.

Hailey sat on Jays hard wood floor, with a big fluffy blanket cloaked over her slim frame, infront of the big timber framed fire place. It had been four years since she had been properly warm during a hard Chicago winter, and not surviving in a fluffy coat that went over a skimpy dress. "Here" Jay handed Hailey a Santa mug fully of scrumptious hot chocolate. "Oh thanks" Hailey smiled, at the random gesture that Jay had just handed to her. "No problem. It has more milk that chocolate in though, just how you liked it" Jay winked to Hailey, crouching down next to her on the floor. "You still like it like that...right?" A hit of panic flashed across Jays face, he wasn't sure if Haileys weird way of having hot chocolate changed along with the rest of her. "I don't know. I haven't had it in about four years" Hailey replied, taking a sip of the steaming drink. "Mmhmm, yes I still like it like this" Hailey grinned. Jay bit his lip trying not to laugh at the state of Haileys mouth, however his eyes failed to meet the actions of the rest of him. "What?" Hailey asked, a little bit of paranio creeping in. "Ugh. Well, now I know where Jasmine gets her talent of always getting her mouth covered in hot chocolate, after taking a mouthful" Jay retorted, passing Hailey a random packet of wipes to clean herself up with. "Thanks" Hailey let off an embarrassed laugh, as she began to clean herself up. "No problemo" Jay replied.

Silence swarmed the room again. Apart from the odd moment, silence was the only that could be heard between the two of them. It was weird for them to accept that they couldn't just come out with some random comment anymore, and they missed it terribly. "How are you?" Hailey asked Jay this time around- usually it was Jay asking Hailey; but Jay definitely was just as vulnerable as Hailey. "I'm okay. Just miss Jasmine and work" Sadness crept into his words, he wished he was at work and that his daughter kept constantly asking questions that made him feel like an idiot. "Let me go somewhere else. Your child needs you, I don't" Hailey said, finishing off the last mouthful of her drink. "Hailey..." Jay shook his head with calm frustration at Hailey, it was like taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back. "Jay.." Hailey signed, cupping Jays freckly face in her hand. "Let me go" Hailey whispered, placing her mug on the coffee table and standing up. "Thankyou" Hailey added, and wandered off towards the door. Jay couldn't do anything, images and clips played back in his mind from the last time Hailey walked out. He was completely frozen. "Bye, Jay" Hailey gulped, and clicked the front door shut. She was gone. Again.

A/N. Sorry this is really short. I just didn't want Hailey to walk out and then it go to looking for her or whatever him and the unit decides to do next.

So sorry, I thought I updated yesterday and I didn't. My bad