Chapter 6: Bloody Cold Pond Cave

Comenzar desde el principio

"Wait! Is that? Are that? What...was this really constructed based on the Cold Pond Cave?" Wei Wuxian jump into the cluster of huge stones in the corner of the cave, causing the herd of adorable fluffy balls to scatter in fear.

There were rabbits everywhere with very adorable lop-ears and obsidian round eyes! Only with fur as dark as the night matching the color of the old dog's fur, instead of Lan Zhan's herd of snow as white ones.

Wei Wuxian was very skilled and easily caught one, even though these creatures were more lively and not as docile as those in the Cloud Recesses.

Wei Wuxian happily hugged the creature, borrowing some of its warmth, "Ah I'm going to roast you later! If I had known, we would have not starved before!"

"You!" the dog growl which sent shivers towards Wei Wuxian's spine, causing him to loosen his hold on the poor rabbit and giving it the opportunity to jump away.

"Ahhhhh! I'm joking! It's a joke, a joke!" Wei Wuxian laughed nervously. He shouldn't have had let this menace be near him!

"Stop fooling around," Old Black berated before turning into a much serious topic. "You said you want to move in the shadows throughout the war?"

"You said it's more ideal," Wei Wuxian pointed out.

"Is it not?" the elder scoffed.

"It is, it is. Now, now, you have a way?" Wei Wuxian asked.

Elder Heiying, "Lift that smallest stone on your right."

Wei Wuxian pouted but followed, lifting the quite heavy rock and finding a black qiankun pouch underneath it. Wei Wuxian put down the rock, conveniently using it as a seat before inspecting the highly regarded pouch which would apparently help him to easily move in the shadows.

"How did you hide this here when you were sealed and naturally couldn't move?" Wei Wuxian inquired without prying his gaze from the black pouch. The demon might have a consciousness, but there should be a second person doing things or hiding things for him.

Elder Heiying, "It's not mine."

Wei Wuxian, "Your disciple's or your dead friend's?"

Elder Heiying sneered, "Obviously the second one. He lived here for a while before deciding to dissipate."

"I just gave your disciple the benefit of the doubt. What if he's not that cruel and expected you to unseal yourself on your own, leaving this here in case?" Wei Wuxian defended.

"Unfortunately not. Now, pour the contents of that damn bag," Elder Heiying ordered.

"Grumpy! Grumpier than Jiang Cheng," Wei Wuxian grumbled as he emptied the contents of the qiankun pouch.

It contained quite a variety of items. There were crystals, golds, silvers, potions, male clothes (so his friend is a male?). Together with this richness and necessities was a suspicious looking medicine bottle with a black and white pill inside.

Wei Wuxian picked up the medicine bottle, shaking it in front of his face as he pondered, "I haven't seen such gross looking medicine before."

"Black for the yin, white for the yang," Elder Heiying informed the ignorant one. "You eat the black one."

Wei Wuxian poured the black pill on his palm, picking it with his index finger and thumb and bringing it near to his nose as he complained, "What's this? This smells like shit!"

Elder Heiying, "It can turn you into someone unrecognizable."

Wei Wuxian, "You're sure it's not poison?"