Chapter 11: Blood Bonds

Start from the beginning

Lyssa took a calming breath before going back on topic,

"A blood bond is formed when a connection is formed with a human and a vampire after a vampire feeds off their blood. How the bond forms vary. It usually doesn't happen after one feeding."

"Wait, so how does it form? Like what triggers it?"

"There is no one answer. Many things can contribute. How powerful or hungry the vampire is or if there is an emotional connection that might be a factor. Sexual orientation, the amount of blood consumed, age, gender, etc. Any of these can be factors as to how it forms."

"So, our bond was what? A freak accident?"

"Something like that."

"What exactly is a blood bond?"

"It bonds the human to the vampire. It allows the vampire to command the human and summon them on will. That being said, it does get more complicated than that."

"How?" Bex took another bite of her burger.

"Once the bond begins to get stronger, I will be able to know your location at all times. I will also be able to feel your emotions and sense if you are in danger. There is even a possibility that I could hear your thoughts."

"What! I don't want you in my head."

"There's more."

"More!"

"The bond works both ways. You will also be able to feel my emotions, hear my thoughts, etc. Think of it as our own personal phone line, that no one else can hear."

"The last thing I want is to be in a vampire's head!"

"Trust me, the feeling is mutual," Lyssa mumbled.

"Well is there a way to break it without the murder death part?"

"There are a few ways to break a blood bond. All of which are not pleasant, death is the easiest way." Lyssa ran a hand through her hair, letting out a sign.

"That's the easiest way!"

"There is what your friend attempted to do today. Blood purification. That is often the most painful way. A bond can also fade over time on its own. Sadly, that is also painful and agonizing for both parties. Then there is when a new bond begins to take its place, say a different vampire tried to steal you away from me. But you don't even want to go there, trust me."

Bex shuddered at the thought of getting involved with yet another vampire.

"So, what you are saying is we are stuck like this," Bex pouted.

"I am afraid so."

Bex sighed and took a large comforting bite of her burger.

"The more I feed on you the stronger our bond will become. At our current rate, I expect to be hearing your thoughts by next week," Lysa frowned.

"This is a disaster," Bex grumbled.

"No arguments here," Lyssa said.

Bex finished her meal in silence as she turned the new information over in her head. She was going to have to be bound to a girl she barely met, possibly for the rest of her life. Of all people, Lyssa Norwood. She glanced up at Lyssa who had been eyeing her very intensely. Bex crumbled up her food wrapper and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

"You are welcome to stay here for the night, or I can take you home if you please," Lyssa finally broke the silence.

"Are you going to try and cuddle me in my sleep again?" Bex raised an eyebrow.