Chapter Eleven

They parked a few blocks away from Cas's house so that no one would get wise to Dean's presence. Then the pair formulated a plan as they walked toward Castiel's house.

Dean shrugged. "I mean, it's probably not the best plan..."

"But?" Cas replied.

Dean shrugged again, "But nothin'. It's a crappy plan." Cas lightly punched Dean's arm and then reached for his hand. "Ready?" he asked, as they had arrived at the back door of his house. "Yep," Dean said, kissing Cas's cheek.

***

When Cas arrived in his house, his heart was pounding. His dad was asleep on the couch with the television on. He could hear Gabriel upstairs in his room, probably doing stuff for his job. He went into his room. "Gabe, I'm back."

Gabriel looked extremely pissed off. "And where were you?" Cas rolled his eyes. "I was just 'out', okay? Do I have to have a reason to go do something?" Now Gabe rolled his eyes.

"Cas, I saw you get into Dean's car. I'm not stupid. I saw how giddy you were and you're all dressed up." Cas cursed under his breath. How was he supposed to get Dean into the house now? "Yes, I was with Dean, but he left. I'm sorry. I should have told you."

Gabe sighed. It was obvious that he wished that they could be together, but he was smarter than that. His father's anger was not worth the risk. When Cas came out at age 14, his dad was furious, saying he "wouldn't allow faggots under his roof." He wouldn't stop hitting Cas, as if he could beat Cas straight. He broke his clavicle and drew blood. And soon after, he passed out, stone-cold drunk. Gabe wouldn't risk him hurting his little brother again. And he felt horrible for trying to keep them apart. "Cas," Gabriel started, but Cas was already gone. He whispered to no one in particular, "I'm sorry."

Cas was in his room and had turned on his music, loud enough to blur the sound of a window being opened and a boy crawling through it, but quiet enough not to draw attention. He had locked the door and made extra sure no one could get in.

Dean was in charge of figuring out how to get on the roof. He miraculously did and then sat next to the window looking out at the stars above the forest. Cas had told him about how he liked to watch the sunset from that very spot when he could. Dean closed his eyes and imagined he was with Cas watching the sunset.

He was abruptly pulled out of his daydream when he heard a tap on the glass next to his head. He had a mini panic attack before realizing that it was just Cas inviting him in. He crawled into Castiel's room and he realized that this was the only time he'd been inside Cas's house. He had never made it past the street. He looked around at the various grunge and alternative band posters hanging on his wall. He noticed that on the desk by the door, there were some drawings and a framed picture of a family of five. He could tell it was Cas's family, back when it was complete. He tried to focus on something else.

Cas saw Dean observing his bedroom and started to feel the prickly sense of panic across his skin. Suddenly, Cas's attention was on the unkempt pile of dirty clothes and the overflowing trashcan in the corner. His face felt hot. "I'm sorry it's such a mess, I didn't think we'd end up here..." Cas said. Dean shushed him with a kiss.

"I don't mind." They went on kissing for a little while, the punky music continuing to flow out of the boom box on Cas's desk. Cas's tie kept choking him so he stopped kissing Dean to tell him he was going to change. He walked over to his closet and stripped off his shirt and tie. Dean sat down on Cas's bed and took off his own tie. Cas put on a gray ACDC shirt and then pulled off his pants. He was distantly aware that Dean was checking him out, so he took his time choosing which pair of jeans to put on. When he finally picked a pair, he walked to the bed and sat down next to Dean. The song on his CD he'd burned over the summer changed to "No. 1 Party Anthem" by Arctic Monkeys. It flowed out of the speakers, slow and sweet, "so you're on the prowl wondering whether she left already or not...".

Dean had listened to this song with Cas before and he knew a few of the words. He stood and extended his hand to Cas who took it. They wrapped their arms around each other and started to slow dance. The only sound was the song pouring out of the speakers and the couple's whispered nothings.

Dean sang sweetly, "she's having a sly indoor smoke." Cas picked it up, "she calls the folks who run this her oldest friends. Sipping her drink and laughing at imaginary jokes." Dean didn't know the next few lines but he could feel Cas's breath, hot and sticky, against his neck as he sang the words he'd committed to memory into Dean's ear. "Come on, come on, come on, number one party anthem," they spun in circles, their heads resting on each other's shoulders. Dean began singing again, the words having resurfaced in his memory. "Drunken monologues, confused because it's not like I'm falling in love. I just want you to do me no good and you look like you could." Cas, with his arms wrapped around Dean's neck, fingers entangled in his hair, smiled into Dean's neck. "The look of love, the rush of blood, the 'she's with me', the Gallic shrug," he sang. Dean started again, "the shutterbugs, the camera plus, the black and white and the color dodge, the good time girls, the cubicles, the house of fun, the number one party anthem."

Cas lifted his head off Dean's shoulder and kissed his way from his neck to his chin to his lips. The song had changed, but they were too distracted to decipher what the song was. Dean sat down on the bed and pulled Cas down to him. Cas sat down on Dean's lap and wrapped his legs around to his back. He held Dean's face while he kissed him and Dean placed his hands on Cas's back. Their breathing became ragged and heavy and hitched but they didn't stop. Dean was sweating and figured that was a pretty good excuse to take off his shirt. Once his chest was bare, he laid back so that Cas was on top of him and they made out for a little longer before Cas finally broke away again.

"That was fun," Cas whispered through his swollen lips. He looked down at Dean, who was buzzing. He wanted more, he wanted all of Cas. He closed the space between their lips and kissed him again, his mouth open and eyes closed. It ended sooner than they desired, but even though Cas craved Dean more than anything, he knew that they couldn't risk being caught. Cas climbed off of Dean and laid down next to him, his head resting on Dean's bare chest. He draped and arm over his stomach and Dean wrapped both his arms around Cas. "I love you, Dean." " I love you too, Cas."