Chapter Ten

Cas and Dean split the check, seeing as though Gabe gave Cas a little money every week and Dean had a part time job. They left the restaurant, favoring the crisp, cool nighttime air. It was around 9 o'clock. The couple buried their hands in their pockets and walked down the bare street. "Thanks," Cas said. Dean raised an eyebrow. "For what?" he asked. "Well, for taking me to dinner." Dean smiled. "Cas, I would take you anywhere if it meant spending just a couple hours with you."

Redness creeped up to Castiel's cheeks and he grinned uncontrollably. "Dean, you sap." They laughed. "It's true," Dean said sheepishly. He reached for Cas's hand.

"I would go anywhere, do anything, all for you. And I don't care if it's cute and sugary, because you're cute and... sugary." They laughed again. "And you make me laugh and smile and I love you Castiel Novak. To the moon." Cas bit his lip and resisted the urge to press them onto Dean's. Dean wrapped his arms around Cas's waist and pulled him into a hug. "I love you too, Dean Winchester," Cas whispered into his ear.

He couldn't resist the urge any longer and he pulled away slightly in order to look directly at Dean's eyes. They stood near a streetlamp and Dean looked perfect in the subtle light. Dean moved toward Cas first and landed his lips on Castiel's. Cas's hands moved to Dean's face and Dean's moved to the small of Cas's back as they deepened the kiss.

Dean could feel Cas smiling against his mouth and then Dean was smiling and then they were laughing all over again. "We are quite a mess," Cas said. Dean smiled. "Yes, we are." His award-winning smile morphed into a smirk. "You wanna try again, then?" Cas replied by kissing Dean again, this time a lot less rushed and even more perfect. Cas's heart nearly beat out of his chest and Dean's mind raced with a million imperceptible thoughts.

They broke away from each other and began walking again, hand in hand.

Cas couldn't believe how fast and hard he'd fallen for Dean. In early August, Cas didn't want to keep living and now in September, barely a month later, Cas had something, someone, worth fighting for. And he couldn't believe how quickly all this had happened. It was like a scene out of a movie; it was the plot of a great and famous novel. It was amazing.

They walked to a park only a few blocks away from where they shared their first kiss. Cas couldn't stop thinking about it. The way his lips felt, the way his heart melted when they touched. It was so perfect. He could feel Dean's touch and his skin buzzed.

Dean found a park bench and sat on it and Cas followed suit. They didn't talk, but rather sat in comfortable silence for a while. Cas looked up at the sky and watched a plane fly overhead, just a few blinking lights in the dark of night. He spoke first. "Hey, why don't you come over to my house?" Dean looked confused. "But your dad..." he began, but Cas shook his head. "He's probably drunk and asleep and if he's not, we can sneak in through my window. It's just that you've never been to my house, and, I don't know, I just think that it might be fun for you to come over."

After he said it, Cas started to panic. His room was a huge mess. And even if his dad was passed out, Gabe was perfectly sober and probably still awake. But the look of glee on Dean's face was worth it. "Well, then let's go." He stood up and extended his hand to Cas's. He took it and stood up and they walked hand-in-hand to the impala.