S| Happy Halloween To Me

╭════════════╮Warning: Rated T+Read at your own discretion╰════════════╯

╭════════════╮
Warning: Rated T+
Read at your own discretion
╰════════════╯

31st October 2017

P R E E T I

I rushed towards the drawer that lay in the corner of my room to grab the red yo-yo with black spots, which I had bought a week ago. I attached it to the belt of my dress and took one final look in the mirror to make sure everything was perfect. I smoothed out my knee-length red dress with black spots and a sweetheart neckline, to avoid any unwanted creases on the dress, made by my father. The toy yo-yo was securely clipped on the black high-waist belt. My black ballet flats, with a red ribbon on the tips of each shoe were polished nicely. I ran my fingers through my hair which were pulled back into two pigtails.

Hopefully I'm looking good.

"Preeti! Come down this instant!" Aisha's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I proceeded towards the living room.

It was Halloween. A day, when people pay respect to the dead. A day, the children eagerly wait for, so that they can dawn their Halloween costumes and go trick or treating in their neighbourhood. In India, Halloween did not hold much special significance but what's the harm in having a bit of fun?

This year the theme of our Halloween party was the infamous, miraculous superheroes of Paris. Two weeks ago, my friends and I had decided to pick a piece of paper, from a bowl on which the name of one of the superheroes was mentioned. We had not revealed the name of the hero we got, cause we wanted to surprise each other.

The party was going to be held today at my house and my nerves were going haywire.

Why?

Because this year, my "friends" not only included Aisha, Abhinav, Utkarsh and Abhishek but also the Parisian twins who were in India for a vacation. Luka and I had got to know a lot about each other over the past few days and I had started to develop a small crush on him.

Perhaps not just a tiny crush.

I entered the living room where the small Halloween party was being held. Everyone in the room stopped talking and their eyes remained fixed on me. So, I started to fidget with the end of my Ladybug inspired dress.

"You're looking awesome Preeti", Abhinav said. He was himself looking smart in the King Monkey inspired suit.

"You're looking gorgeous in that dress", Abhishek said and placed a gentle kiss on the top of my hand. I giggled and looked at his Viperion themed costume. He was looking handsome in the colours of one of my favourite heroes.

"Well. Preeti's in luck as she has the perfect Cat Noir to partner up with", Aisha said. Aisha and Juleka pushed Luka towards me and he was about to fall on me, but regained his balance. My cheeks turned a light shade of red when I noticed his outfit. Luka looked charming in his black suit with a green tie and the set of cat ears on his head made him look cute at the same time.