Curly Girl Method

I'm sure if you have searched ways online to get healthier hair you have stumbled across the Curly Girl Method. The Curly Girl Method—officially developed by hairstylist and curl expert Lorraine Massey, who wrote Curly Girl: The Handbook—is quite literally a guide to getting really excellent curls by using (and avoiding!) specific products and styling techniques. It can be pretty strict at times by cancelling the use of sulphates (detergents that contribute to foam in shampoos) and demiticones (silicones in conditioners), prohibiting dry detangling and crossing out any brushes in your routine. For some people it worked wonders, for others...not so much. It's all up to determining what works best for your hair. If these rules seem a little too strict to you, that's fine! There is nothing wrong with tailoring the method to fit your hair's exact needs. No one is forcing you to follow it step by step. It's also not exclusive to curly hair. That's right! It's just a method to help get great results and healthy hair, just cause it's in the name doesn't mean only textured hair can use it. It was originally meant as a method for curly hair but it doesn't need to be. You might be need to adjust some rules to fit your hair type better but it's all well and good if it works for you.