15 - Scream

Depuis le début

Michael just tightened his grip on Samantha's hand to comfort her. She just shrugged the remarks away. Maybe, grandma is just in a bad mood to entertain some guests.

Samantha just smiled at him and then, another old person showed in the room. The old man came from the stairs and he stood in front of them. He is taller than Michael and he is wearing white, long sleeved top with black suspenders. He just stared at Samantha blankly.

"The moment you took the guitar, you let Michael to be part of your life." The old man said and moved away to leave them.

"Guitar? What guitar?" Samantha questioned because she got confused for a second.

Michael just looked plainly at her. She even roamed her eyes around the house again. 

"Are you okay? You want to meet them, right? You want to know more about me?" Michael dismissed her questions and just checked on her.

Samantha really felt that the place is familiar as she observed the details again.

"You can handle it, right?"

"What exactly should I be prepared for?" Samantha asked.

Before Michael can answer her quests, a lady on a wheelchair who is in her 40s showed up. She is accompanied by a little boy who shared the same age with Rin and Miggy.

"Son? Is she the one whom you always talking about?" The lady asked sweetly to Michael.

Even before they can react to the woman's words, a man who is also in his 40s walked towards the couple. He looks like Michael but the man is taller and bigger.

"Make sure that you won't leave Michael, Sam." The man warned her and Samantha felt her skin shivered.

"Samantha." Michael called her attention so she looked at him. "Meet my father, my mother, and my brother."

Samantha got confused even more. What is happening right now contradicted his own words. 

"I thought..." She started while switching her gazes to all the people in the room. "Michael, I thought you already lost them?"

"You haven't told her, Michael?" His father inquired.

Samantha started to feel her heart beating loudly. Her breathings started to hitch too. She doesn't know exactly why but she became nervous all of a sudden. 

And nervous is an understatement to what she really feel.

"Sam..." The man continued as he stared at Samantha. "All of us in here... are already dead."

Everything that happened in Samantha's life flashed across her mind. The darkness consumed her again as she continued to look at everyone in the room. She is just waiting for someone to say that they are just kidding. That this is just a prank but it never came.

Samantha looked at Michael but he just looked serious. No other emotions are can be seen on his face. Samantha pulled her hands from him as she stepped back. The whole place is starting to get dim and creepy. She is not just nervous now. She is afraid.

She took a few more steps back, her breathings are rapid. In a blink, everyone is now in the same room with her. His grandfather even lighted a candle and suddenly, it smelled like November. 

His family members gathered in the same space and Michael is no longer in her sight.

Her panic attacks reached its peak as she stumbled her way to leave the house. And the moment she stepped her feet outside, everything changed. The garden is now dried. The bermudas and the flowers are not there anymore. The previously well-lighted home is now dark and haunted.